Retrogamecoding(.org) > Games

Blaztap, another raycasting game

(1/2) > >>

Mopz:
I've already posted some videos about it, but here comes a "playable" version of the game. Since the last video I've made the enemies intelligent enough to atleast shoot at you (but they forget all about you if you hide behind a wall).

It's still just a very small test level.

Move with the arrow keys, shoot with the left Ctrl key and interact with doors and switches with the space bar.

Cybermonkey:
Hehe, fun play. Reminds me to the good ol' days when we had an i386 with 66? MHz and 640 KB. (And a b/w display  ;D)

kevin:
Very good demonstration ..... the night sky adds something good to it.....more complete somehow...I look forward to seeing further development of the game when you have time....

Mopz:

--- Quote from: Cybermonkey on April 25, 2013, 03:28:40 PM ---Hehe, fun play. Reminds me to the good ol' days when we had an i386 with 66? MHz and 640 KB. (And a b/w display  ;D)

--- End quote ---

Those days I had a 14 MHz Amiga, but it could still display some nice Wolfenstein like games such as Gloom ;) When I got my first PC they were in the ~400 MHz era. One of the first thing I programmed on it was a Wolfenstein clone in QBASIC :)

Mopz:
Organized the code a little and made a template map in RC Editor with support for lots of items (most of them not implemented in code yet). But looking at it as a game, I just added a second level :) Updated the attachment in the first post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version