Retrogamecoding(.org) > EGSL

EGSL 1.6.0

(1/3) > >>

Cybermonkey:
Yes I know the release date should have been in October. I am actually working on the next release. What you can expect:

* rectangle and fillrectangle which work slightly different from box and fillbox
* a new font system called monofonts which can change the colour of the characters
* a simple particles system
* improved IDE with colour and font optionsThere will be no more .deb or .rpm packages for Linux. Just a plain tar.gz. The reason is that packaging for Linux is really time consuming (one needs 32 bit deb and rpm and 64 bit deb and rpm). At last the Windows version is still the most downloaded so I prefer to improve that installer. On the other hand you can expect a MacOS X version with IDE.
So stay tuned for more news soon ...  8)

Tomaaz:

--- Quote from: Cybermonkey on November 12, 2012, 02:31:55 PM ---
* improved IDE with colour and font options
--- End quote ---

Are you going to implement all Lua functions (I mean for highlighting)? I know that EGSL has its own set of helper functions, but still it's possible to use all build-in Lua functions, so why not to support them in the IDE? You can use my Geany configuration file or I can send you text file with all keywords.

Cybermonkey:
The EGSL-IDE uses the file "keywords.txt" (in the same folder as the IDE). So it is easy to add any keywords one wants to.

Tomaaz:
I've added all Lua functions to keyword.txt file (see attachment). All you need to do to have them highlighted in EGSL-IDE is replacing old keyword.txt file with the new one. Hope it will be useful. :)

Cybermonkey:
I just implemented the sdl-monofont functions into EGSL. What are the benefits? you might ask. It's now easy for anybody to create his/her own font with any paint program. (Though I recommend Gimp because one can disable the anti-aliasing of texts.) Just enter the following fontface into one line with your favourite font:

--- Quote --- !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~
--- End quote ---
Now we only need to mark the width of the characters in the first line with purple (color 255,0,255).
As an example see the attachments.
BTW, mono doesn't mean monospaced font but monocoloured font. As you can see the characters can have different widths.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version