Retrogamecoding(.org) > Games

Gem popper

<< < (3/3)

kevin:
Great - I'll look forward to seeing the games........I'm getting "Not found" on the 2 games pages on your website at the moment - I assume they're not set up yet?

I think finishing any game project is very hard...it's much more fun to do the initial stages.....

JSM:
sorry, that web page is not active at the moment. from start it was to focus on writing games in c and c++ using a limited version of NaaLaa's software rendering engine that Marcus gave me the rights to distribute. but then things changed and we began playing with writing just extensions in DLL form for NaaLaa. this option is much more fun as you can then still do all the actual game coding in NaaLaa instead of c. I hope I can use the page for online casual and retro games written in NaaLaa instead as all extension stuff will be put on naalaa.com when time is ready.

working on any games yourself?

kevin:
I'm very much looking forward to seeing the extensions..... it sounds as though it will push NaaLaa forward a lot.....good to think that NaaLaa will retain the possibility of being used for more simple games though, so that beginners are not driven away from it....I think the extensions can be thought of as an option for more complicated games, but not obligatory? Hope this is correct?

Personally, I'm still really experimenting with NaaLaa, just trying to get small things working better each week - sprite movements, collisions and so on. I know there are specific libraries for these, which I have used, and will use more in the future, but for now I prefer to try to replicate the results without using the libraries, so that I can learn more. So no complete games yet, but they will come in time.

JSM:
I updated the game with some point bonuses for fast popping and you can now download it from a link to naalaa.com rather than as an attachment requiring login to this forum. my own host does not like big files ... cheap solution

for your own sake it is always better to write every line of code yourself :) so i understand you do not want to use, let us say, the Tilemap library for writing platform/rpg games. The Tilemap library was written IN NaaLaa. But the purpose with the extension system is that completely new features (like network gaming, physics and anything that is not supported by NaaLaa directly and that would be IMPOSSIBLE to implement in NaaLaa) can be added without Marcus having to add it to the core of NaaLaa.

ed: I will replace the highest combo bonus, "Fuck yeah!" with something else later on ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version