Retrogamecoding(.org) > Games

Gem popper

<< < (2/3) > >>

JSM:

--- Quote from: kevin on November 13, 2012, 07:43:09 PM ---Great game.....I think it is good to see the game develop from its beginnings, so would you consider new downloads at each stage rather than overwriting the attachment each time - for me it is a good exercise to see how a game develops when an experienced coder writes it? Just a suggestion, as I try to keep each version anyway but I'm not always quick enough!......Can we look forward to a scoring system in it?

--- End quote ---

glad someone finds it interesting :) I added a scoring system. for the first 3 gems you get 100 points, for the fourth you get 150, then 200, 250 and so on. diamonds are introduced when half the time has passed and they are worth twice as many points. there is now a time limit of 60 seconds. the source code of the previous version is also included in the updated attachment in the first post.

i think you should get bonus points for fast popping too.

kevin:
Many thanks JSM.....I've just downloaded it and this is looking more and more polished.....I look forward to studying the source (particularly to see how the rising score is implemented when the gems are popped - very nice)

I think the idea of including the older source code is even better than creating separate attachments...thank you for doing that - it will make it easy to see how the program has evolved when anyone reads this in the future.........

JSM:
Thanks Kevin! I have added a title screen and highscores. i admit i have mimiced marcus' Jewel Crusher, but i did not rip any of the code.

kevin:
Top game thanks....incredible how quickly you have developed this....

One thing....is the attachment at the top the most up to date? It doesn't have the MP3 file and from what I can see the music lines in the code need un-remarking....lines 75, 176, 177, 183 & 220 - runs fine with sound then......

Great to see the code so well remarked by the way - a great help when trying to follow the code - thank you....

JSM:

--- Quote from: kevin on November 15, 2012, 06:25:15 PM ---Top game thanks....incredible how quickly you have developed this....

One thing....is the attachment at the top the most up to date? It doesn't have the MP3 file and from what I can see the music lines in the code need un-remarking....lines 75, 176, 177, 183 & 220 - runs fine with sound then......

--- End quote ---

i first zipped it with music and music commands included. but the file got a little large, because I only have the music as mp3 at the moment, so i removed that for later.

once the game mechanics are done all that is left is "curiosa" and that is when i usually get sick of working on a game. but i really need to make some games for my web page so i will finish this one. things that are left to do are rewards for popping fast, sound effects, an explosion for the bombs and maybe a "Get Ready!" text before the game starts. with the highscores it should make a decent online game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version