Retrogamecoding(.org) > Other Languages

JAPI 2.0

<< < (2/20) > >>

ScriptBasic:

--- Quote ---Don't we also need the JAPI.jar?
--- End quote ---

Nope.

It's embedded in the DLL/lib.

ScriptBasic:
FYI

I registered JAPI2.com and plan a forum or blog to help bring this project back alive. At this point we have a ScriptBasic extension module, a C DLL (VC10) and a LIB (VC10) that seem to be working based on the test programs that came with the distribution. It would be nice to bring someone into the fold that has a Java background. I'm stumbling along the best I can with it. Maybe when the japi2.com site opens it's doors, more of an interest in an alternative Java programming paradigm might unfold.

Cybermonkey:

--- Quote from: ScriptBasic on May 25, 2013, 08:55:31 PM ---
--- Quote ---Don't we also need the JAPI.jar?
--- End quote ---

Nope.

It's embedded in the DLL/lib.

--- End quote ---

Ah, okay. I just tested the japi.pas from the original page with your extension. At least it works on Windows, but I think for Linux I have to do some work on the unit. Anyway, I have no SWING user interface. See attached screenshot. Although it should look like this, right?

Another annoying thing is that Windows always asks if the firewall should block the program or not ... Well, not always but once a program is compiled and started.

Mopz:

--- Quote from: ScriptBasic on May 25, 2013, 07:56:31 PM ---The JAPI 2.0 japi.lib is attached.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! Let's see what fun I can make out of it. I need more extensions before I can feel good about releasing another naalaa version, and this one'll be good :)

ScriptBasic:
The binaries from the old site are based on awt. The 2.0 series is based on swing. I used mingw32 to process the Makefile that compiles the Java code (javac) and builds the C compiled helper programs that generates the appropriate binding code. I then use MS VC10 to create the final DLL/LIB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version