Retrogamecoding(.org) > BrowserBasic

New version released; v0.6

<< < (8/9) > >>

SteveOW:
@Mopz

As developer of Browzic my target user is Joe who wants to program an app in one kind of Basic, with one kind of IDE and produce one kind (HTML5/JS) of executable or "runnable" which can be accessed by many different users/players thru many kinds of web-browsers (which all comply with a common global standard).

I had not thought of Joe wanting to sell his games.
If so I would prefer to give Joe some way of "copy-locking" an HTML5/JS game to prevent copying and then sell it from wherever.

One of way of "copy-locking" is to rely on the honesty of the purchaser.
I dont know much about any other way.
Maybe a BB-to-APK transformation, plus GooglePlay store, like you describe, would be the way to go.

Cybermonkey:
There's also the other way: making out of a BB game a desktop application. It's really easy using node webkit: https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit
Updates are made regularly maybe because

--- Quote ---It's created and developed in the Intel Open Source Technology Center.
--- End quote ---

(I really need to take the time to code in BrowserBasic soon...)

SteveOW:

--- Quote from: Cybermonkey on August 30, 2013, 11:57:16 AM ---There's also the other way: making out of a BB game a desktop application. It's really easy using node webkit:

--- End quote ---

I see that

--- Quote ---You can write native apps in HTML and Javascript with node-webkit.
--- End quote ---

Interesting but I am not entirely sure why you would want to do this when you can simply run BB-produced html file in a browser.
Maybe it gives better performance?
Maybe it lets you make an exe which cannot easilly be reversed engineered?

But it doesnt (currently) seem to support Android OS.
Also, by dropping out of the browser some functionality might be lost?

Mopz:

--- Quote from: SteveOW on August 30, 2013, 11:40:58 AM ---@Mopz

As developer of Browzic my target user is Joe who wants to program an app in one kind of Basic, with one kind of IDE and produce one kind (HTML5/JS) of executable or "runnable" which can be accessed by many different users/players thru many kinds of web-browsers (which all comply with a common global standard).

I had not thought of Joe wanting to sell his games.
If so I would prefer to give Joe some way of "copy-locking" an HTML5/JS game to prevent copying and then sell it from wherever.

One of way of "copy-locking" is to rely on the honesty of the purchaser.
I dont know much about any other way.
Maybe a BB-to-APK transformation, plus GooglePlay store, like you describe, would be the way to go.

--- End quote ---

Not even an imaginary "Joe" would appreciate his work being copied and sold.

Or maybe I'm just old and sick of the gaming industries :)

SteveOW:
@Guilect
Some time ago I tried setting up the BrowserBasic Wireless WebServer (as described in the manual).
It worked.
It serves html files to my android tablet.
Great. :D

Recently found that (on a PC) Chrome and Opera wont let me access locally-stored files the way that Firefox does. :(
There is a way to reconfigure Chrome (with a special command line switch) but it is said to be risky if you use the same session to view other web sites (they can use it to get stuff from your PC).
The recommended option is to install and run your own local web server.
I trawled the internet and found lots of advice but it all looked a bit fiddly and high maintenance.
Then I thought, I wonder if BB wireless web server is visible on the same PC.
It is! :D :D

This seems too good to be true.

Dumb question: Is my browser accessing the local webserver thru internal PC communications or is it getting it from the wireless signal?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version