Retrogamecoding(.org) > Other Languages

RTB

(1/4) > >>

ScriptBasic:

--- Quote from: Cybermonkey ---Hi, I found another nice retro style BASIC based on SDL here: https://projects.drogon.net/return-to-basic/
It was made for the Raspberry PI but works/compiles on other Linuxes, too. Binary and source are provided. Have a lot of fun!

EDIT: I really like it! Very nice if you start in full screen mode, like this (assuming one has a full hd display):

--- End quote ---

Reminds me of Business Basic in a way. I like it as well. The 64 bit Linux binary runs fine on my Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit laptop.

I'm looking at porting this to Android Linux.

Language Reference Manual (PDF)

Download and install info

Cybermonkey:
Yes, it's really nice. I'll try to port it to Haiku.

Cybermonkey:
Oh, that was easy ... just needed to install cmake and that's it.
I think I should upload it to haikuware?
EDIT: Here it is: http://www.haikuware.com/remository/view-details/development/language/return-to-basic

ScriptBasic:
I hope going to Android is going to be that easy.

I'm going to try the AIDE (Android Java/C/C++ IDE) which would build a APK if I can get it to compile.

This is not on my priority list but something to play with when I need a diversion.

ScriptBasic:
I have made some progress with porting RTB (Return to BASIC) to Android native with SDL support. There are still unicode issues which SDL (1.2) for Android doesn't support. For example I can't type in a quote character and keyboard entry seems a little slow. It's cool just to see it running even though it it isn't ready for prime time. I would like to thank Роман (C4droid author) for his help getting the project to this point.

The Kdb graphic toggles the keyboard.
The arrow key in the upper right corner I'm thinking is a backspace that isn't currently being encoded (unicode ?) correctly.
The circle with arrows seems to be a mouse pad and the center being a return/right mouse button.

These background keys are controlled via the apps SDL preference menu which is a nice codeless feature users will like.

It's nice to see a native C application interacting with the Android Java VM.

I cheated and added a SDL (button one) to do the double quote for me so I could load one of the demo files. (Mandelbrot Set)

Note: The background SDL user interface controls can be toggled off with the application preference menu option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version