Author Topic: About a new version  (Read 2357 times)

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
About a new version
« on: July 31, 2013, 02:56:33 PM »
It's been a while I had time to work on EGSL. At the moment I am looking at those new SDL2 headers and I think the next EGSL version (maybe coming at the end of the year) will use SDL2. There are some benefits: one can use multiple windows, 2D drawing is hardware accelerated and it's possible to statically link the program (no needs of external DLLs or.SOs)
The downside is that the graphics/game engine has to be completely rewritten and this might take a lot of time. Anyway, I'll keep you up to date.

lelldorin

Re: About a new version
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 05:26:23 PM »
If there are some known bugs in 1.6.0, please remove them before you make complete new version, because i think the new version does not run on Haiku OS anymore :-(

Tomaaz

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 09:01:34 AM »
There are some benefits: one can use multiple windows, 2D drawing is hardware accelerated and it's possible to statically link the program (no needs of external DLLs or.SOs)

Sounds good. :)

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 06:11:09 PM »
If there are some known bugs in 1.6.0, please remove them before you make complete new version, because i think the new version does not run on Haiku OS anymore :-(
Well, first the actual version will be ported to the Raspberry Pi. I just installed the ARM Linux Raspian for QEMU. At the screenshot one can see the progress download of Freepascal. (Yes, if I'll buy a Pi I want EGSL already up and alive  ;))