Author Topic: PulsarLua Beta  (Read 4413 times)

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
PulsarLua Beta
« on: February 24, 2014, 10:00:11 PM »
Hi, and the waiting has an end. I decided to upload a beta version of pulsarlua for Windows and Linux 32bit and 64bit. As known from CMLua all version are in one package which you can download here (about 17 MB): http://www.egsl.retrogamecoding.org//media/pulsardemo/PulsarLuaBeta.zip
  • the download does not contain an editor - just the plain interpreter
  • documentation isn't finished yet, this will be finished for version 1.0
  • a filetype.lua is included for use with Geany
  • you can't do standalone binaries, yet, since the 'makeexe' program is not part of the download
  • some examples are included, have a look at them (esp. the parallax demo)
  • a new website will be up soon for Pulsar2D and downloads will be separated
Now have some fun with PulsarLua, the next generation EGSL.

GEEK

Re: PulsarLua Beta
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 10:13:04 PM »
cool, thanks :)

Osgeld

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 01:53:07 AM »

Osgeld

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 01:41:37 AM »
been working with it a little bit figuring things out, so far my only complaint, and I will be the only one making this complaint, is that the standard out print() function does not work.

I know one can simply print on screen but its just one of those things I always have done with lua, console open program ran from the command line spitting out debug info which is easily copy and pasteable into other stuff (like excel) to see where something is screwing up.

otherwise I am quite pleased with what I have seen so far, and keep up the great work!

Tomaaz

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 10:02:08 AM »
...print() function does not work.

Have you tried io.write() instead? Or there is no terminal at all (I can't check it myself, cause Pulsar won't run on my distro)? Alternatively, you could write to the text file. It's not the same, but could be an option.

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 02:42:51 PM »
Well, I just tried it and the print() function works properly on Linux. It's possible that it doesn't work on Windows since pulsarlua is an gui app. Alternatively you can use the messagebox on Windows (or - apart from that - on Linux, too - so one doesn't need a console anymore ...)
Example:
Code: [Select]
messagebox ("Info","An error occured!")