Author Topic: Pulsar2D is still alive ...  (Read 22226 times)

Roland Chastain

Re: Pulsar2D is still alive ...
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2015, 11:43:23 AM »
Oh, this is because you have to/can set it yourself within the script/program. Load an image with image=loadimage("blabla.png") and use seticon (image).

Perfect! Thank you.

Aurel

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 10:33:31 AM »
windows version dont have code editor
i ask why?
why you simply not modify already EGSL editor for work with this lua translator?

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 04:44:14 PM »
i ask why?
why you simply not modify already EGSL editor for work with this lua translator?
PulsarLua has no editor anymore. Peolple didn't like the one shipped with EGSL and I have no time to code a new one. I want to concentrate on the engine/framework not on editors. As most users I use now Geany on both Windows and Linux (a syntax highlighting file is part of the download).

Aurel

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 12:03:09 AM »
ok i will modify my own and try to run those examples

Tomaaz

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 12:01:22 PM »
ok i will modify my own and try to run those examples

To run the examples on Windows, you can simply drag and drop them on pulsarlua.exe.

Aurel, why don't you want to try Geany? It has excellent Lua support (syntax highlighting, functions listing, code folding). Just replace default filetypes.lua with the file included in PulsarLua folder. It is located in path_to_Geny/data/. Then set the build commands (Build/Build Commands in the menu) for .lua files. Geany is the only serious multi language editor that comes with support for BASIC (FreeBASIC). And it works great. It's stable, fast, simple and free.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:03:33 PM by Tomaaz »

Aurel

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 11:08:16 PM »
I simply don't like this editor and i hate one editor for everything .
also i remove this thing from SliTaz box also remove stupid Midori browser.

Cosmo

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2016, 04:52:27 PM »
Aurel,

you are never self-fulfilled,  always mortifying  :P
geany is as good as  gold !  why is  everthing bad and stupid, come back on carpet.

Aurel

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2016, 07:33:19 PM »
Peter
no...Geany is not a gold it is just a code editor pushed everywhere
use Geany for this use Geany for that i hate that things.
Notepad++ is a good editor for windows/ on linux situation sucks/
but who care i will use what i like  :P

Richly

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2016, 09:45:14 PM »
i ask why?
PulsarLua has no editor anymore. Peolple didn't like the one shipped with EGSL and I have no time to code a new one. I want to concentrate on the engine/framework not on editors. As most users I use now Geany on both Windows and Linux (a syntax highlighting file is part of the download).

Well, I'm no expert but I like the EGSL editor - nice and simple.

I would have preferred Pulsar2D to have a similar built-in editor too, all included within a simple download...but I like EGSL and so haven't been tempted to try Pulsar2D yet; although the possibility of using FreePascal is tempting...but not tempting enough just yet when I think of the probable frustration and wasted hours trying to build Pulsar2D and linking it to Geany....I can feel it now...  :)