Retrogamecoding(.org) > Pulsar2D

Pulsar2D is still alive ...

<< < (2/8) > >>

Rick3137:
   Nice work, Mark.
   Translating from EGSL can be tricky.
     The color command now has 4 numbers, instead of 3.
     If you do like I did, and make the last number a 0, you will get a blank screen.
   That Geany program is a trick to use. Some of those buttons on it needs to be set up and I am still working on it.
   The file, filetypes.lua needs to be put in the geany data folder. That gives it plenty of color.
   I don't know how, but clicking on any .lua file, runs it.
   I will try later to make an EXE

Bereb:
Nice !
It was not too hard to modify some EGSL scripts, functions are nearly similar, except for few details.

@Rick3137: the 4th number in color commands corresponds to transparency (alpha channel) ; 0 is total transparency, 255 is opacity. It's very usefull.

There is just a little problem with the current window: after it had been reduced or overlapped, it does not refresh its content (whereas  EGSL did).

Bereb:
Another remark (if it could help) : for same scripts, EGSL is a bit faster than Pulsar2D/PulsarLua ; there is a difference of 0.3 to 0.4 seconds (in favor of EGSL)

Cybermonkey:

--- Quote from: Bereb on October 13, 2015, 03:01:44 PM ---Nice !
It was not too hard to modify some EGSL scripts, functions are nearly similar, except for few details.

@Rick3137: the 4th number in color commands corresponds to transparency (alpha channel) ; 0 is total transparency, 255 is opacity. It's very usefull.

There is just a little problem with the current window: after it had been reduced or overlapped, it does not refresh its content (whereas  EGSL did).

--- End quote ---

For refreshing the window you need always to do a sync().

Cybermonkey:

--- Quote from: Bereb on October 13, 2015, 04:09:25 PM ---Another remark (if it could help) : for same scripts, EGSL is a bit faster than Pulsar2D/PulsarLua ; there is a difference of 0.3 to 0.4 seconds (in favor of EGSL)

--- End quote ---
Do you have an example?

EDIT: I just tested the fractals.lua; see for yourself. Pulsar2D is faster (the mentioned 0.3 seconds). Do you use a hardware accelerated graphics driver?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version