Retrogamecoding(.org) > Pulsar2D

Problems with compilers

<< < (2/2)

Tomaaz:

--- Quote from: Cybermonkey on December 15, 2015, 09:13:35 AM ---Maybe one or more DLLs are missing? (Sounds like SDL2_image dependency).

--- End quote ---

It would probably generate an error during the compilation process. Also, why does it work with BMP files?

Cybermonkey:

--- Quote from: Tomaaz on December 15, 2015, 04:04:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Cybermonkey on December 15, 2015, 09:13:35 AM ---Maybe one or more DLLs are missing? (Sounds like SDL2_image dependency).

--- End quote ---

It would probably generate an error during the compilation process. Also, why does it work with BMP files?

--- End quote ---
No, it wouldn't. You can compile AFAIK without the DLLs. All you need are the header files.
It works maybe with BMP files because they are not compressed. For PNGs you'll need the zlib and libpng libraries, too.
Can you load JPEGs?

Tomaaz:

--- Quote from: Cybermonkey on December 16, 2015, 09:30:03 AM ---No, it wouldn't. You can compile AFAIK without the DLLs.

--- End quote ---

Nope. You can't. I removed DLLs and this is what I get:

--- Quote ---C:\FreeBASIC\bin\win32\ld.exe: cannot find -lSDL2
C:\FreeBASIC\bin\win32\ld.exe: cannot find -lSDL2_image
C:\FreeBASIC\bin\win32\ld.exe: cannot find -lSDL2_mixer
Press any key to continue . . .

--- End quote ---

But it's working now. I copied all the DLLs from PulsarLua. This is exactly why we need documentation. ;)

--- Quote from: Aurel on December 15, 2015, 07:32:25 AM ---wow do you say that tomek  :o

--- End quote ---

I don't think I will be using FreeBASIC or FreePascal on Linux, so... But if you are planning to do so, I'm pretty sure Cybermonkey will help you. :)

Aurel:
FreeBASIC work fine on my Slitaz box

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version