Author Topic: A new "hope" ... erm "home" ...  (Read 4504 times)

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
A new "hope" ... erm "home" ...
« on: December 20, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »
Greetings to all of you. A lot of you were members of basicprogramming.org which unfortunately isn't accessable anymore. I wrote to Tom Larson, but I think he doesn't care about it.
I got the following message back from my server:
Your message could not be delivered for more than 4 hour(s).
It will be retried until it is 5 day(s) old.

Anyway, spread the word, that we can discuss on this new place. If you know any active member who hasn't registered yet, don't hesitate to contact him (or me).
BTW, the "Preview" option works fine on this forum ...  ;)

The forum is now also accessable via: http://basicprogramming.pulsar2d.org
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:57:06 AM by Cybermonkey »

Richly

Re: A new "hope" ... erm "home" ...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:19:00 PM »
Thanks Cybermonkey  :)

ZXDunny

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 12:46:15 PM »
Well, I hope it takes off. I've registered at Aurel's place too, which seems to be getting some traffic.

It's a shame that BP.org has gone now - it might have been very relaxed and non-professionally orientated, but when a bunch of hobbyists can get together and chat about... well, anything really - and not just code - it creates a small community that you enjoy being a part of. For me, the best part about BP.org was the hobbyist aspect of it - if we'd been swamped by so-called professionals, it wouldn't have been anything like as nice a place as it was :(

Integrating the old community into a new one is a nice idea, but it does remind me of when a computer magazine was swallowed up by a larger publication back in the 80s - it just prolonged its death.

D.

Richly

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 08:15:03 PM »
Well, I hope it takes off. I've registered at Aurel's place too, which seems to be getting some traffic.

It's a shame that BP.org has gone now - it might have been very relaxed and non-professionally orientated, but when a bunch of hobbyists can get together and chat about... well, anything really - and not just code - it creates a small community that you enjoy being a part of. For me, the best part about BP.org was the hobbyist aspect of it - if we'd been swamped by so-called professionals, it wouldn't have been anything like as nice a place as it was :(

Integrating the old community into a new one is a nice idea, but it does remind me of when a computer magazine was swallowed up by a larger publication back in the 80s - it just prolonged its death.

D.

Good to see you here D.

Hopefully it will be like BP.org since it is largely the same people registered here; I have contacted a couple of people who visited BP.org to let them know about the move, so perhaps they will register too when they have read my messages.

B+

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 06:51:20 PM »
Thanks Cybermonkey for extending your forum!

Thanks Richey for your message.

Last week was a bad one for me, but this one is looking better.

Seasons Greetings to all!

Mark

ZXDunny

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 03:42:33 PM »
Yay, B+ is here :)

This gets better and better!

D.

Richly

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 11:07:21 PM »
Thanks Cybermonkey for extending your forum!

Thanks Richey for your message.

Last week was a bad one for me, but this one is looking better.

Seasons Greetings to all!

Mark

Welcome Mark and seasons greetings!  :)