Author Topic: AllegroBASIC  (Read 17767 times)

Aurel

Re: AllegroBASIC
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 08:19:16 AM »
Hi Wang
and thanks for reply BUT first as i said before i have in plan to rebuild already created
DLib virtual machine.
You probably don't know but DLib have already built in all winApi with userdefined
functions as part of language itself and many other things
It is created in PureBasic

wang renxin

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 08:48:01 AM »
Aurel, thanks for your advice. It's able to make MB more portable by including MSVCRT DLLs to the repository with current exe, but that's not what I'd like to do; instead, I might going to find an earlier version of VS to rebuild an exe that won't requires new coming runtimes.

I believe you've been making lots of efforts dedicating to DLib. Just for curious, how did you expose ALL Win API in DLib, one by one wrapper, or any generic solution? Excuse my ignorance, but I have no experience with PureBASIC.

Aurel

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 09:01:45 AM »
Just for curious, how did you expose ALL Win API in DLib
yes that is good question but i am not original author of DLIb and original author abandoned
project ,he also refuse any contact or explanation ..so i am on my own...
i hope you understand answer and DLib is not open source.

wang renxin

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 09:13:53 AM »
i hope you understand answer and DLib is not open source.

Sure.

And I can imagine it's possible to make generic solution if the host language supports strict memory layout alignment definition for fields of a struct, also the ability to load a DLL then invoke a C function. Or use something like how the libffi does.

Aurel

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 10:04:58 AM »
well DLib work with DLL s witout a problem and 14000 api call supported...
by the way VM is cca 4000 lines of PureBasic code..not bad right?

wang renxin

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 10:10:37 AM »
well DLib work with DLL s witout a problem and 14000 api call supported...
by the way VM is cca 4000 lines of PureBasic code..not bad right?

Absolutely nice.

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 03:51:58 PM »
Some more news... I decided to port my old project TinyIDE for Bacon to AllegroBASIC. The result can be seen in the screenshot.
This is really a simple editor but at least we got a syntax highlighting for AllegroBASIC and later for RETROBASIC. (And I know many Windows users don't want to mess around with the command line ...)  ;)
Oh and by the way, as you can see in the screenshot, I already included Wang's file module.

Tomaaz

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2016, 04:03:22 PM »
Where's the download link?

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2016, 04:50:59 PM »
Not available, yet ... probably tomorrow (CET  ;))

Tomaaz

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 05:23:30 PM »

Do you mean 24/01 at 00:00 CET. Good.  ;D

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2016, 10:29:09 PM »

Do you mean 24/01 at 00:00 CET. Good.  ;D
LOL ...  ;D

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 04:22:10 PM »
Okay it's time to test AllegroBASIC. Grab it from the homepage: http://allegrobasic.pulsar2d.org/
Please be sure to read the notes for Windows 10 users if you are using Windows 10.  ;)

Tomaaz

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2016, 05:17:15 PM »
Please be sure to read the notes for Windows 10 users if you are using Windows 10.  ;)

I've changed compatibility, but it still doesn't work properly. Terminal and the graphics window are getting mixed, Mandelbrot example hangs forever without any output, the one with a knight has problems with keyboard input. Esc doesn't work and you can move the knight only once. After he starts moving, he's moving forever and you cannot stop it or change its direction. Also, the link to MY-BASIC documentation crashes both Firefox and Chromium. Once, I even had to restart the whole system. Well... I think I'm gonna pass. :(

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2016, 05:52:57 PM »
Hm, very strange. You can be sure that I tested everything on Windows 10 and all works on my rather slow Netbook.
Even stranger you can't open the Github page with the documentation... No problems with Firefox here.

ScriptBasic

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2016, 07:53:48 PM »
Don't be discouraged, you're just getting the traditional BP.org Bitter BASIC response. (bottom feeders)