Retrogamecoding(.org) > Pulsar2D

PulsarLua Linux doesn't work

(1/2) > >>

Tomaaz:
I'm using Sparky Linux based on Debian. This is waht I get when I want to start PulsarLua:

--- Quote ---An unhandled exception occurred at $00007F82738F99C4:
EDivByZero: Division by zero
  $00007F82738F99C4

--- End quote ---

All required libraries have been installed. The system is 64 bit.

EDIT EGSL also doesn't work on this system, but it can be fixed with a couple of symbolic links. I can't blame the system itself, cause everything else I've tried on it worked without problems (Python, Ruby. Lua. Luajit, Tcl, Perl5, Perl6, Julia, Euphoria, Go, Pygame, LOVE, BaCon, newLISP, Shoes, Freewrap, SdlBASIC).

Cybermonkey:
I just tested that and you are right. IMHO the problem lies within the Pascal SDL2 headers. I was able to compile my examples with FreeBASIC which are working fine. At the moment I am not able to fix that error since I didn't code those headers. The are just not working with the SDL2 libs on Sparky Linux. Seems I have to port pulsarlua to FreeBASIC.  ;)
The issue that you have to adjust symbolic links for EGSL is no surprise because the libs are differently named on Ubuntu. That's why most Linux software comes with the source code because binaries often don't work (unless they are part of the distro).
But at least AllegroBASIC works fine if you install the Allegro4 libraries ...  ;D

Tomaaz:

--- Quote from: Cybermonkey on January 30, 2016, 09:31:54 PM ---I just tested that and you are right. IMHO the problem lies within the Pascal SDL2 headers. I was able to compile my examples with FreeBASIC which are working fine. At the moment I am not able to fix that error since I didn't code those headers. The are just not working with the SDL2 libs on Sparky Linux.

--- End quote ---

:(

--- Quote from: Cybermonkey on January 30, 2016, 09:31:54 PM ---The issue that you have to adjust symbolic links for EGSL is no surprise because the libs are differently named on Ubuntu. That's why most Linux software comes with the source code because binaries often don't work (unless they are part of the distro).

--- End quote ---

I'm not an expert here, but Ubuntu is based on Debian and they use the same package format and generally I don't have problems with installing programs on Sparky and Bodhi (based on older Ubuntu LTS) from exactly the same .deb packages. I don't know...

EDIT It is also possible to distribute program with all required libraries included. Seamonkey, Tor Browser, Bluegriffon, PeaZip (written in Pascal), Freewrap are distributed this way. It's not a common way on Linux, but it's possible.

Tomaaz:
It doesn't work on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Cybermonkey:
Well, that can't be because it is developed and compiled on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS both 32 and 64 bit versions. I just installed Kubuntu 16.04 on another HDD and downloaded PulsarLua and guess what - it works without any error. By the way "it doesn't work" is not a helpful error description.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version