PulsarLua Linux doesn't work

<< < (2/2)

Tomaaz:

--- Quote ---./pulsarlua mandelbrot.lua
An unhandled exception occurred at $00007F5041E7E459:
EDivByZero: Division by zero
  $00007F5041E7E459

--- End quote ---

The system is PeppermintOS 7 based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit. I try a lot of software and have never had problems with anything that works on Ubuntu. The problem looks very similar to the one I had on Sparky and we have agreed that it was FreePascal related, so...

EDIT And, please, do not explain me how things work on Linux. Every week I install something (either from .deb packages or from source), chase dependencies etc., but this?

Cybermonkey:
No offense here, I didn't read the first part which is 8 months old ... anyway, i can't test all systems. My systems are a Ubuntu Mate 16.04.1 64 Bit, a Xubuntu (which replaced Kubuntu) 16.04.1 32 Bit, Windows Home 64 Bit - all on AMD FX 6100 and a Windows Pro 64 Bit on Intel Celereon N2940. So these are my test operating systems and as long as PulsarLua works, well, what should I do?  It is not exactly FreePascal related but the SDL2 libraries for compiling, IMHO.

Just to let you know: I tried to install ChaletOS and the installer always crashed. Xubuntu was installed fine. So much for Ubuntu based distributions which are always behaving the same ... ;)

Tomaaz:
I just wanted to report a problem. ;) On the same system FreeBASIC version works fine. I can understand the situation with Sparky, because it's a rolling release based on Debian. But a system based on Ubuntu LTS shouldn't be that different than Ubuntu LTS itself. Or, maybe I'm wrong... Well, the fact is that it doesn't work on Peppermint OS 7.  :(

Cybermonkey:
So would you mind testing the attached 64 bit binaries? Does they work? If not, what's the terminal output?
(BTW, it's the all famous voronoi spiral gem  ;))

Tomaaz:
FreeBASIC version works. With FreePascal this is what I get:

--- Quote ---tomek@tomek-laptop ~/Downloads/voronoi $ ./voronoi-fbc
tomek@tomek-laptop ~/Downloads/voronoi $ ./voronoi-fpc
An unhandled exception occurred at $00007F1D8EA15459:
EDivByZero: Division by zero
  $00007F1D8EA15459

--- End quote ---

Looks familiar...

EDIT Well, I'm gonna stick with FreeBASIC version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version