Retrogamecoding(.org) > Other Languages

Pascal

<< < (2/8) > >>

Cybermonkey:
Hm, in C you've got = and ==, so no big difference.

Tomaaz:
You can find '=' and '==' in many languages (probably all widely used today). Do you know other than Pascal languages that use ':=' and '='? I'm not saying that Pascal is bad language. I'm just afraid that constant switching between '=', '==' and ':=', '=' will be painful. ;)

Bereb:
I was fascinated by Pascal, as I was for Lisp too, for a long time, but these appear to me to be too complex languages (for my mind), so I left them at that : I prefer Basic(s), Logo, newLisp even though (because it's a very simple scripting Lisp/Scheme-like language) and Lua (because it's small but strong)  :) ... I'm just an amateur and I thank the ones who create programing or scripting languages within the reach of people like me  ;)

Tomaaz:
I didn't give up yet and tried to use egslengine with Free Pascal under Linux. Finally I was successful, but several errors occurred and I have to edit egslengine source code.

1. I had to remove everything related to Haiku from the source code, because compiler was trying to load all the stuff for Haiku
2. I had to fix two IF/THEN blocks

Background() and rectangle() commands still don't work, but I can use, for example, openwindow(), clearscreen(), dot(), box(), line(), wait(), sync(). I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong (the compiler has hundreds options), so hopefully someone will help me to make it work properly.

Tomaaz:
OK. There was something wrong with that file. I unpacked it once again and this time, there was no problem with IF/THEN blocks.  ??? It compiles with -Mdelphi option, but there is still this "Haiku" problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version