Author Topic: Yabasic code collection  (Read 6559 times)

Mike Lobanovsky

Re: Yabasic code collection
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 01:08:15 AM »
@Galileo:

I confirm the link is dead for me too. (it points to a non-existent web page)

@B+:

Mark, your browser seems to be having JavaScript execution disabled according to your own security preferences or due to its outdated html framework support. These are regular commercials from AliExpress or similar and the "invitations" you're seeing are hints to enable JavaScript or upgrade your browser, whichever applies in your particular case.

B+

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 01:51:05 AM »
Mike, I don't see how you are getting the information you spoke of about my system, from the error message I showed?  ???
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 02:09:57 AM by B+ »

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 02:13:14 AM »
View Page Source/View Frame Source (and many, many more) are standard web development tools in any worthwhile modern browser. Mine is FF. Be sure to enable your browser's menu bar to be able to access them all at will:

B+

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 02:39:01 AM »
Oh I see, I am missing out on the Super Deals at AliExpress!   ;D

Oh, too late, deals are gone!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 02:51:41 AM by B+ »

jj2007

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 08:45:47 AM »
Be sure to enable your browser's menu bar

Why waste vertical space? Hit Ctrl U...

Galileo

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 09:00:05 AM »
Sorry!. The link is already fixed.

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 11:52:07 AM »
@Galileo:

Everything works fine for me now, thanks!

@JJ:

Because:

1. I prefer to see my programs in their naked beauty (a "program" is a "she" in Russian);
2. Space is the last thing I'm concerned with on my (physical) desktop (see my avatar);
3. Ctrl+U opens up the source for the entire page. Point and click is your friend if you're after a specific frame;
4. Just for lulz, try and hit Ctrl+U in your message editor next time you're posting something on this forum.

:)

jj2007

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 04:10:26 PM »
View Page Source/View Frame Source (and many, many more) are standard web development tools in any worthwhile modern browser. Mine is FF. Be sure to enable your browser's menu bar

OK, from now on, instead of hitting Ctrl U, I will
- hit F10 to make the menu visible
- click Tools
- scroll right in Web developer
- click Page source once I have found it towards the bottom of the list.

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 09:29:38 PM »
JJ, why would you be trolling me here? I was only answering a question posed directly to me. If I'm seeing my correspondent confused about my sources of information, all I'm supposed to do is point him to the only obviously universal solution I was using. We're under a GUI operating system where application menus are the very controls to host a cluster of settings and tools the GUI application is designed to be responsive to.

OTOH your Ctrl+U is nothing but irrelevant noise if it fails already on the very first trial. Go back to the single-tasking DOS where your hot keys belong.

Have you joined the PowerBASIC community either, Jochen? ;)