Basicprogramming(.org) > General questions and discussions

Can you write a program for this Interpreter?

<< < (2/4) > >>

B+:

--- Quote from: John on July 24, 2017, 05:14:23 PM ---Why has BASIC programming turned into a lets redefine the wheel again? Doesn't anyone like BASIC programming anymore? Is creating BASIC like interpreters what BASIC is all about?

Can you imagine 100 variations of QB or VB?

--- End quote ---

Hi John,

I can't speak for anyone else but in my case it comes from hanging out with the wrong crowd. WHN? and Aurel are the main contagions. WHN? gets my interest up with a couple of challenges and meanwhile Aurel is trying to figure out PCP. I mean, I still love graphics programs, simple games, math puzzles... but I start to wonder about the very essence, the foundations, the simplest of beginnings of this marvelous and powerful tool we have at our fingertips. When one takes a bite from the fruit of the tree of knowledge there is no turning back, so sorry.

In short the devil made me do it!

Mike Lobanovsky:

--- Quote from: B+ on July 24, 2017, 10:02:19 PM ---... but I start to wonder about the very essence, the foundations, the simplest of beginnings of this marvelous and powerful tool we have at our fingertips.
--- End quote ---

I hear sincerity in your voice, B+, and I like it.

--- Quote ---When one takes a bite from the fruit of the tree of knowledge there is no turning back, so sorry.
--- End quote ---

That's it! And life is so desperately short...

--- Quote ---In short the devil made me do it!
--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, WHN? and Aurel. But there's also the bright side of the force. :)

ScriptBasic:
Great to have you back Mike!

Your input is always appreciated.

Cybermonkey:

--- Quote from: Mike Lobanovsky on July 25, 2017, 07:30:35 AM ---That's it! And life is so desperately short...

--- End quote ---

Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.  ;)

B+:
Hi all, here is a teaser:

I have made such interesting improvements on BF > BQ (Be Quicker) > now EIN (Everything Is Number).

Only have 2 tests with baby EIN and just figured how to add some letter strings this morning.

The first screen shot tests 14 binary operations applied to 2 and 5.

The 2nd screen shot counts to 20 by 2's (the M6 is a dummy memory storage to prevent the print of an unwanted 0 after the count. I spent hours trying to figure out how to get rid of the bugger. Seems a dummy line patches the problem. I am going to translate into QB64 and/or JB to see what they do.)

In both screen shots the "program" is listed in the first line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version