B+:
http://www.naalaa.com/community/index.php

Hey looks like new forum site!  :)

Is Marcus back this time? ;)

Johnno have you seen this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4R8n9URiWU
A platform game tutorial!

johnno56:
That site's been up for a while now. Visit several times per day just to see what's going on. In regards to Marcus, to tell you the truth, I haven't been looking out for him. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I haven't had the need to contact him...

In regards to the tutorial... That was using Gimp 2.6 for the graphics and yes, that one I completed a long time ago. It was very well made and even easy enough for ME to follow... lol

I have been researching platform tutorials and have little to no luck when it comes to basic. Pete's qbasic website has a lot of tutorials, some on platformers, but they are far from complete in the sense of producing a game... Some are too short. Some are as old as dirt. I haven't gone through all of them yet, so there may be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

I have been too tired to work on the sdlbasic platformer... We had our early morning fruit and veg marketing this morning (6am) and my only coffee has stopped working... Running on fumes...

I have even tried Game Maker and the Linux version LateralGM. Game Maker runs through Wine and does not behave itself all the time and LateralGM, although it says it's GM compatible, isn't quite 100% correct...

I am quickly running out of options in the area of game making on Linux.Most stuff is catering for Windblows and usually costs some outright payment of regular fee to eventually produce a game. I'm not even going down the 'learning curve' path, it makes my head ache, just thinking about it. I'll keep chipping away with Basic for now... but the time will come when the limitations of Basic will determine what games we make and our imaginations will end up falling in line... *sigh*

It's almost midnight and I've been up since 5:30am and struggling to type. I'm off to bed. Have a great day.

J

ScriptBasic:
NaaLaa just released its Linux version that runs great on my Ubuntu 64 bit environment.

johnno56:
I use the 64 bit version of Linux Mint, and likewise, Naalaa runs flawlessly. I can't say the same about my ability (or inability) to program... lol

J

ScriptBasic:
If game programming was my thing, I'm sure I would be having a blast with NaaLaa. I tend to be just a lurker and supporter on the AllBASIC forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version