Basicprogramming(.org) > SmallBASIC

Welcome to the SmallBASIC board

<< < (2/7) > >>

ZXDunny:
I dunno, whenever anyone uses the term SB I automatically assume that they're talking about SmallBASIC tbh, as it's far more likely they'll be talking about that than ScriptBASIC - maybe we should start referring to Script BASIC as "ScB" from now on?

B+:
To avoid a capital case involving John, I could live with sb, small s, small b for SmallBASIC.  ;)

It's easier to type.

ScriptBasic:

--- Quote from: B+ on August 19, 2018, 07:55:21 PM ---To avoid a capital case involving John, I could live with sb, small s, small b for SmallBASIC.  ;)

It's easier to type.

--- End quote ---

Great idea!

SB as an abbreviation for Script BASIC is used extensively on the Oxygen Basic, AllBASIC and Script BASIC forums. Small BASIC hasn't made much of an impact outside of this forum. If it wasn't for B+, I still wouldn't have known about it. I will have to give it a try when I can find some spare time. I have maintained the Script BASIC open source project since 2005. It has had a dedicated website, forum and wiki since that time.

I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't come after Chris as SmallBASIC is a registered trademark for Microsoft's BASIC interpreter.

B+:

--- Quote from: John on August 20, 2018, 04:21:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: B+ on August 19, 2018, 07:55:21 PM ---To avoid a capital case involving John, I could live with sb, small s, small b for SmallBASIC.  ;)

It's easier to type.

--- End quote ---

Great idea!

SB as an abbreviation for Script BASIC is used extensively on the Oxygen Basic, AllBASIC and Script BASIC forums. Small BASIC hasn't made much of an impact outside of this forum. If it wasn't for B+, I still wouldn't have known about it. I will have to give it a try when I can find some spare time. I have maintained the Script BASIC open source project since 2005. It has had a dedicated website, forum and wiki since that time.

I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't come after Chris as SmallBASIC is a registered trademark for Microsoft's BASIC interpreter.

--- End quote ---

That's because Chris version was before MicroSoft's and there were/are many apps with Small Basic name as Aurel has demonstrated to me some time ago. (see attached article from ASCII-World from archived site)

Compare date May 2000 to MS Small Basic Oct 2008: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Small_Basic

Also you have tried it and posted a nice response in reply #1 here: http://retrogamecoding.org/board/index.php?topic=382.0

So I wonder why MS called theirs Small Basic?( NOT SmallBASIC ) What's Small about their version or them?

ZXDunny:
So SmallBASIC has been around as long as ScriptBASIC?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version