Basicprogramming(.org) > General questions and discussions

PySimpleGUI

<< < (2/9) > >>

Tomaaz:

--- Quote from: AlyssonR on September 02, 2018, 08:46:57 AM ---Because they want to have an interface of sorts, presumably.

--- End quote ---

And is it that important for scientific software to have GUI written using WinApi and not Tk, IUP or Swing? I would think it's the least important thing. Speed, stability, accuracy, being bug-free... Aurel is just projecting his obsessions on others. The whole GUI/WinApi thing has been his fetish for years. For him, as long as WinApi is used, a program that has one button and can draw a circle when the button is pressed is more advanced than a complex command line tool,

Aurel:
As usual Tomek like to talk about things he cannot swallow or he is not capable to undrstand .
Windows message loop and qeue is like a nightmare for him.
That is the fact.
He don't understnd hardware conception... ::)
Hw don't know how windows can operate in rwo mods 32/64 and he is not  the only one.
I don't know who is this Mike guy   :o
And what he made but the fact is python is not developed for windows.
...and as such is limited in many windows only things
For example in py2-or py3 i don't see layerr to winapi---is that enough.
all other specualtionss are just crap.

Tomaaz:
Yes Aurel, scientists who use computers for work definitely care about "Windows message loop and qeue...", understand "hardware conception" and know "how windows can operate in rwo mods 32/64". They are also very disappointed that Aurel Basic is not in development anymore, because they really hoped that one day it could replace this crappy Python, its crappy GUI libraries and software written in it.  Sure...

--- Quote from: Aurel on September 02, 2018, 11:25:42 AM ---I don't know who is this Mike guy   :o

--- End quote ---

That must be really devastating for him. The legendary Gui/WinApi programmer and hardware genius Aurel doesn't know him. I hope he's not thinking about harming himself!  ;D ;D ;D

Aurel:

--- Quote ---Yes Aurel, scientists who use computers for work definitely care about "Windows message loop and qeue..."
--- End quote ---
First of all
scientists who use computers for work - i really doubt that they use python  ;D ;D ;D
second - you are not scientists  :o
3. - I don't talk about scientists than about YOU!  ::)
--so don't be horny and put the pipe down  ;D

..and put the things back on topic
PySimpleGUI is just another try to ...
ahh to boring...................

AND who care about python...cra*
maybe we should talk about... let say - JavaScript ?

PySimpleGUI:
I'm curious what about the OpenSource article caught John's eye enough that he posted about it here.

I registered because you guys are some of the first Python programmers that have posted on their own, without my prodding.

Truth is that I do not have some deep background in GUIs.  I needed to create several Python programs with a GUI front end.  When I looked at Python's GUIs, I found them to be way too 'wordy' for my liking.  I determined I could write and use a GUI framework in less lines of code than if I wrote tkinter code for my programs.  And that's what I ended up doing.

The more I used it, the more I realized others could benefit, so out to the world it went.  I don't seek fame, that's for sure, and would just as soon remain anonymous.  I believe in this architecture's ability to bring GUIs to a large number of Python programs should they want it. 

There have been a good number of features added over the past month that were suggested by users and people reviewing the package.  Dictionary return values is one of the big ones.  As a result, I'm interested in hearing from others.  It only makes for a better package in the long run, assuming I can duck the rocks hurled my way on occasion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version