Basicprogramming(.org) > General questions and discussions

Top 5 BASIC Languages

<< < (2/4) > >>

B+:
It probably came from reply #3 in Phix thread when you (Tomaaz) were declining John's offer :

--- Quote ---Quote from: John on 30. August 2018, 18:52:09
I'm still looking for someone to take the lead with the wiki. Tomaaz?

Sorry, but I'm not that much into BASIC anymore and don't really know what's going on. On my list it would be probably max. 5 compilers/interpreters/translators. For this number there is no point to create wiki.

--- End quote ---

Tomaaz:
I know where it came from, but if you read that post you will clearly see what I said.

AlyssonR:
My list....

* VB6 - most jobs end up being done here
* ScriptBasic - Brilliant for glue and back-end applications
* VBA/VBScript - for all of those important little things
* QB64 - I still have legacy QuickBasic scripts that I occasionally need to run
* ? - Whatever fits at the time
I would have loved the Jabaco and/or MONO projects to have gone on to completion, since that would have resulted in a cross-platform VB6-like development environment.

C'est la vie.

Richly:
No surprises...

* SpecBAS
* BBC BASIC for Windows / BBC BASIC SDL
I like these because they are extensions of the BASICs that I grew up with. I'm a hobbyist with limited time to indulge in my precious hobby playing in the sandpit and so they suit my needs just fine...but they are also very capable in the right hands.

I also like to use

* Liberty BASIC / LB Booster
Easy to use GUI...and I also like...

* Decimal BASIC
* True BASIC
Clean ANSI BASIC syntax...

ZXDunny:
I use SpecBAS the most, for obvious reasons. Occasionally for fun I'll dip back into Sinclair BASIC via emulation, usually for a coding challenge or the like. But I don't use any other BASICs, no.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version