Retrogamecoding(.org) > Games

NaaLaa - MissileCommand

(1/6) > >>

kevin:
 Hi - this is a simple game based on the 1980's game Missile Command ..... I am working on an improved version now, which will probably include more missile bases and maybe some of the attacking missiles splitting into 2 randomly. This was really a test for me to make sure that I could get the mechanics of the game working properly (more or less).
 I'm happy to add the source code if anyone wants it, but at the moment it is embarrassingly  messy, so I'd like to clean it up first.
 Level 1 is really simple, aimed just for the player to get used to the controls - this is why I have added the options to start at higher levels to the front menu.
 This is my first real attempt at a full (simple) game, and I would really appreciate any feedback, particularly on things that I could look to improve on or add into the new version, if anyone has the time or desire to do so? ...I'm happy to accept criticism because I want to improve, so don't worry about upsetting me....Thanks

rem --------------------------------------------
rem -------------  thanks to   -----------------
rem ------  CVirus for the Menu system  --------
rem ---   JSM for the High Score Library  ------
rem -- and of course MOPZ for creating NaaLaa --
rem ------  and sharing it with us -------------
rem ----- sound files from freesound.org -------

****  updated zip file is on the second page *****

cvirus:
This is way cool.  ;D

Cybermonkey:
Just a request: could you please add audirere.dll to the zip? I have always to search my HDD for it.

kevin:
thanks for the kind words cvirus.... I am having a lot of fun with NaaLaa....
Cyber - new zip is attached with the sound dll included....hope it works ok - I just added it into the 
folder, which I assume is where it needs to go?

Cybermonkey:
Yes, thank you it works fine. Cool game which becomes really hard in the later levels.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version