Author Topic: JB - Hey Ma...  (Read 2385 times)

Aurel

JB - Hey Ma...
« on: October 07, 2018, 05:24:45 PM »
All basic users must read JB forum moderators ideas..

Hey Mama give me some money that i can learn Just Basic !

This is a crap of the century...
so I strongly suggest to all parents and all others
AVOID Just Basic in LONG turn.

Use and support other good  BASIC languages
and avoid such a comercial crappers.

B+

Re: JB - Hey Ma...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 05:35:00 PM »
Hey Aurel have you tried X11?

It has some features I like in JB but can't find elsewhere, though ScriptBasic might have it. Who could say? ;D like GUI and arbitrary long integers and WORD$(), good stuff if you can get the thing started.

This is first I've seen a type for complex numbers, though ScriptBasic might have it. Who could say? ;D

Aurel

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 05:52:58 PM »
Yo ..Mark
Yes i tried long time ago so i will again..no problem!
I remember that is Ok.

Also i really don't know why you wasting your programming time with such a
junk such as JB  :o

look this:
i like to learn as mutch as posible
teachting is 1 of those things
backtarcing also
by traslatying

..and now ...who can say that my english is bad  :D
gee.... ::)

B+

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 07:12:23 PM »
I said it before, I say it again, I admire folks who attempt English as 2nd language. I struggle with it as my first! :D

Mike L is spectacular with it.

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 07:54:24 PM »
(Only because I see my name having been mentioned in this thread anyway:)

It has some features I like in JB but can't find elsewhere ... arbitrary long integers ... a type for complex numbers ...

Re. JB:

Who would need arbitrary long integers and complex numbers in a Beginner's ASIC? Kindergarten kids?! Sure you must be joking contradicting your own teachings, Mark. ;)

This is one very rare case when I fully agree with Aurel: if there is a BASIC that's buggy, utterly slow, bloated, and commercial altogether, it's Just Basic.

Re. SB:

You can have anything you want in VB, PB, FB, FBSL, O2, SB and a ton of other modern BASICs. Just write your own module or include (it's simple enough even for complex numbers, hehe) and enjoy it as if it were native to the language. Believe me, if you're someone that's interested in complex numbers, you're the one that'll be able to cope with just that little. ;)

B+

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 12:16:55 AM »
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:43:03 AM by B+ »

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 01:00:02 AM »
+1 to your karma.

Tomaaz

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 06:08:54 PM »
Who would need arbitrary long integers and complex numbers in a Beginner's ASIC? Kindergarten kids?! Sure you must be joking contradicting your own teachings, Mark. ;)

I can't see any contradiction here. You can have a very advanced knowledge about complex numbers and know almost nothing about programming.  It's like saying that no BASIC should have regular expressions, because kids won't be using it. Or that no BASIC should have option to use extensions, modules and external libraries, because kids won't be doing it. Easy to use languages should provide an easy way to do complex things (the cost of that would be performance or/and ability to create complex and advanced programming structures). That's why Python is popular amongst non-programmers.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 06:12:48 PM by Tomaaz »

B+

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 08:05:04 PM »
Kids are our future, our hope for living beyond.

It should not be beneath anyones dignity to watch out for them and make some effort to include them in adult matters as much as humanly possible.

Though kids are usually beginners, they aren't the only ones, don't be guilty of over associating.

By all means make BASIC as pluggable and extension-able and libraried and as powerful as any modern language, why can't both concerns be addressed, why does powerful have to be at exclusion of beginners. Getting beginners up to speed, fast! is a power too!

PS Heck! just getting beginners is a power too!

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 08:35:37 PM by B+ »

Aurel

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 08:22:44 AM »
yeah all those powerful languages are not powerful at all without external libs created in C/C++
with stupid and weird and fancy syntax - what talk a lot about them
yeah ...but what i know ..nothing  ;D
ahh BASIC as BASIC is powerful enough for things beginner need.
including Circles of course  :D