Retrogamecoding(.org) > Games

Wallman

(1/5) > >>

Cybermonkey:
Just a glance into my new project called "Wallman". This will be a Pacman clone. There will be some differences: for instance you can't hunt the ghosts but you have better control of your player.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151236100453932&set=vb.124896507569624&type=3&theater

Cybermonkey:
Okay, the ghosts are now extremely "intelligent". Some minor feature adding like start menu, gamepad usage and I can release the game. BTW, since I found it rather annoying to use a text editor for level drawing, I coded a simple level editor as seen in the screenshot.

Mopz:
I did a pacman a while ago. I had to fight a little to make the enemies "dumber". How do they work in your game?

Cybermonkey:
If they hit a wall they randomize there next direction. If they walk and there is a free space to the left, right, above or down of them they move into the players direction. It's really funny, although there is no path finding algorithm involved, they always find the player. BTW, I got about 40 levels at the moment.  ;D And to have a chance to survive, one gets another live every 5,000 points.

Cybermonkey:
Okay, I added some things ...

* four different ghosts (used to be only the red one)
* gamepad controls
* retro style sounds
* a start screenI think I will release that soon. Maybe with 50+ levels.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version