Basicprogramming(.org) > General questions and discussions

BLITZ. is dead... and now ???

(1/2) > >>

drfloyd:
Hello fans of basic ! I need your expertise ! I am french and mt enflish is not very good, sorry about that

I was i big fan of BLITZ, BLITZ 2D & BLITZ 3D... but was disapointed by the followings : Blitz Max... and now APP GAME KIT... which is NOT basic for me ! Stupid commands... not easy at all.....

As BLITZ3D is very old... (it need DirectPlay.dll... there is no virtual resolution... FLIP function is strange....etc...) I want to change for a new basic, near to the philosophy of BLITZ : easy commands + near from real basic

What is your advice ? I am not fan of Freebasic (heavy)... not fan at all of Lua (not basic)... i have also tried NAALAA, RCBasic, SDLBasic....

On an other topic Cybermonkey advice me with a combo Freebasic + Pulsar 2D. I will try !!!!

Other good solutions ?

(I know that AMOS 2 will come this summer)

Thank you !!!

drfloyd:
Oxygen Basic ? Not yet tried, i will

Cybermonkey:
Just a suggestion: QB64. I know it's rather "heavy", but a complete environment including editor. It's compatible to QBASIC and there are tons of tutorials out there for that. And it has an integrated help system - like in the good old days. So I wouldn't dismiss it completely...

B+:

--- Quote from: Cybermonkey on June 05, 2019, 07:20:04 PM ---Just a suggestion: QB64. I know it's rather "heavy", but a complete environment including editor. It's compatible to QBASIC and there are tons of tutorials out there for that. And it has an integrated help system - like in the good old days. So I wouldn't dismiss it completely...

--- End quote ---

I like it, it's SmallBASIC's big brother (that can compile code). But I have QB4.5 background experience (and VB for MS DOS), I don't know how someone with Spectrum experience would like it? (It does use a C++ middleman but you could hardly tell with an IDE that checks syntax; the Help system is great and forum active.)

drfloyd:

--- Quote from: Aurel on June 02, 2019, 09:45:55 PM ---
--- Quote --- I am not fan of Freebasic (heavy)
--- End quote ---

hehe heavy
that's the good one  :D
well what you then will say about Oxygen Basic ::)
i use it all the time..

i somehow understand you but there is no easy answer.

--- End quote ---

Hi Aurel

I have tried to doawload OXYGEN... in github.... there are lot and lot of ZIP... complicate.... I finally choose the folder OXYGENBASICPROGRESS... It start ! Ok :)

I see good fonctions as setdsplay, drawimage, drawtext, flip... seems cool !!! Like BLITZ ! (librairie SDL ???)
But where is the doc for these cool SDL features ????

- The IDE seems very poor

Perhaps you have advices to give me ??????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version