Author Topic: Inputs  (Read 2406 times)

kolyamatic

Inputs
« on: February 15, 2013, 07:36:02 AM »
So, in my rush through the commands I have come to "input(x,y,length)".
Apparently one can only use an English layout of the keyboard (if you get me there) but not a German one.
(even the exclamation and question mark do not work as far as I know)

I read something similar before, regarding monofonts. (no direct context though)

Hence, I would like to know if there was a chance to use a German layout and if so, how that would work.

-- Kolyamatic

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
Re: Inputs
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:06:49 AM »
It is not possible to use the German keyboard layout although that only affects Windows where y and z is changed. On Linux and MacOS the "z" is on the correct place. It is however possible to code your own input routine, the EGSL input is actually implemented in EGSL.  ;)

kolyamatic

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 04:18:09 PM »
It is however possible to code your own input routine, the EGSL input is actually implemented in EGSL.  ;)
What do you mean by that?

Also, it does not only affect 'y' and 'z'.
For instance; when I press my "hyphen/underscore"-key, a slash show up, for it is the standard of an English keyboard layout.

-- Kolyamatic

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 04:28:22 PM »
Yes that's right. I had to make a decision because only one kind of keyboard could be supported at once, so I chose the standard SDL key layout.
I mean that the input routine was implemented in EGSL (Lua) and later ported to Pascal. I only use getkey, so it's possible to implement your own version. (So if getkey() returns a "z" you have to print/add a "y" etc.)