Author Topic: BP.org seems to be gone  (Read 3034 times)

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
BP.org seems to be gone
« on: December 18, 2015, 05:09:04 PM »
Seems like this is the end of basicprogramming.org. The domain has expired.
Here's my idea: if you'll like I can add some boards for all BASIC programmers like on the old forum since most of the active members are already registered here. Unfortunately I do not have any recent backup of that old board... although the domain does not perfectly fit.
The screenshot shows the available boards. Tell me, what of them do we need?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:15:45 PM by Cybermonkey »

Tomaaz

Re: BP.org seems to be gone
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 06:54:19 PM »
IMHO, you should add BASIC section to Programming and Showroom, remove ChipmonkeyLua (the interpreter is cool, but doesn't need a whole section), EGSL (replaced by Pulsar2d), Browser Basic (dead, not used by anyone), NaaLaa (again abandoned by developers, has some users but they prefer its own forum). The biggest problem is the domain name. What you could is moving this forum to pulsar2d.org/forum/. Not a perfect solution, but better than staying at retrogamecoding.org.

Richly

Re: BP.org seems to be gone
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 08:56:24 PM »
Seems like this is the end of basicprogramming.org. The domain has expired.
Here's my idea: if you'll like I can add some boards for all BASIC programmers like on the old forum since most of the active members are already registered here. Unfortunately I do not have any recent backup of that old board... although the domain does not perfectly fit.
The screenshot shows the available boards. Tell me, what of them do we need?

Thanks Cybermonkey.

I would suggest 1 Board to cover 'BASIC Dialect Development' and I would also suggest including all the boards under 'BASIC Programming' heading.

All of the other boards (e.g. off-topic, other programming languages, announcements) seem to be covered elsewhere on the site already...