Author Topic: Processing  (Read 4876 times)

ScriptBasic

Re: Processing
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 09:49:03 AM »
Before I abandon V7, I'll post a comment on their forum and see if they have a fix.

V8 is Google's open source high-performance JavaScript engine, written in C++.

Sorry, not interested in trying to make a C++ JavaScript engine work as a C extension module for scriba.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 10:00:52 AM by John »

Tomaaz

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 03:58:13 PM »
Duktape or Mujs?

What about creating library with Processing functions? That would be something. I even don't know how difficult that would be, but at least we are back on topic. ;)

EDIT I've tried the example with JSDB based on SpiderMonkey. It's much slower than Node, but just a little bit slower than Python.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:25:02 PM by Tomaaz »

ScriptBasic

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 05:51:08 PM »
Sorry about taking your thread OT. If V7 is still is of interest, I have a thread going on All BASIC.

Tomaaz

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2016, 09:19:23 PM »
No worries. ;) I'm interested in JavaScript. It just shouldn't be in this topic. The problem is that, even if we start a new topic, I can't see anyone else joining us. So, it shouldn't be on this forum either. ;)

ScriptBasic

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 09:50:55 PM »
You could join the All BASIC forum and start a Processing thread.

I just reviewed your Python results again and noticed that like V7 the greater the recursion the more in the toilet it goes. Too bad V8 is C++. It looks fast.

I downloaded V8 and might take a shot at trying to integrate it with AIR's JADE C++ version of C BASIC.

What a nightmare trying to round up the dependencies to build V8. I took a peek at a couple samples and C++ isn't my cup of tea. I'm going to stay the V7 route for now.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 05:29:54 AM by John »