Author Topic: Short summary  (Read 6629 times)

Tomaaz

Re: Short summary
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2016, 08:43:17 AM »
MS block in the past so many things...

For example? Because, comparing to Apple or Google, Microsoft was very open in the past.

but are unblocked by hackers ...
read--users   ;D

What hackers/users? You? Or you just referring to the "unlocked" pirated versions. ;)

Aurel, you're usually ten years behind, so when you join Windows 10 era in 2026, you will probably understand what I'm talking about.  ;D

ZXDunny

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 10:32:47 AM »
No SpecBAS, Tomaaz? I'm shocked. SHOCKED! :p

Aurel

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 03:18:36 PM »
Aurel, you're usually ten years behind, so when you join Windows 10 era in 2026, you will probably understand what I'm talking about
I understand very well but you not ..or you dont know how to use windows 10  ;D
i have win10 on one my comp almost year and i dont have any problem with this OS at all
also on same comp is SliTaz...both work as charm  :)
of course no update  ::)

jj2007

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 04:59:21 PM »
The first one is Python, because it's an overall winner.

I understand your choice. Inter alia, the built-in functions like sorting etc are fairly fast.

However, the fact that Perl 3 is not compatible with Perl 2 is a disaster, from a managerial POV.

ScriptBasic

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 05:36:34 PM »
Tomaaz,

Peter Verhas once told me many years ago if he would have known about Python, (started about the same time) he would have never put the effort into creating Script BASIC. On a positive note, I'm glad he did. I haven't found a better BASIC.

Tomaaz

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2016, 06:56:33 PM »
also on same comp is SliTaz...both work as charm  :)

Lucky you!  ;D

of course no update  ::)

Congrats! Are you still on dial-up or it was your decision to do this "smart" move?  ;D

I wonder if BaCon would be more popular if a Windows effort was taken seriously.

Sorry John. Thanx to Aurel's sudden appearance in this topic I missed that one. Well, I don't think so. It didn't help Pike, it wouldn't help BaCon either. What could possibly help is a more modern website.

Peter Verhas once told me many years ago if he would have known about Python, (started about the same time) he would have never put the effort into creating Script BASIC.

I'm not surprised and it make sense to me.

However, the fact that Perl 3 is not compatible with Perl 2 is a disaster, from a managerial POV.

Do you mean Python 2 and 3? Yes, that's a bad thing, but at the moment you can just stick with Python 3.

Aurel

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2016, 07:42:37 PM »
Lucky you!
What lucky me..there is no any kind of luck..
tomek
this is not first time that i am surprised how less knowlege you have
about computer hardware - mean HD partitions
of course that any new windows update destroy your old grub
and you are surprised..oh my.

Tomaaz

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2016, 08:15:21 PM »
of course that any new windows update destroy your old grub
and you are surprised..oh my.

Really? For several months nothing like that happened and believe me, there were really big updates in the meantime. Also, my old laptop had Win 7 and several Linux distros for years. What does it mean? That it's absolutely possible not to destroy grub. So, when I hear you say "of course that any new windows update destroy your old grub", I don't know if you're a brainwashed fanboy or maybe something else.

Tomaaz

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 08:25:38 PM »
No SpecBAS, Tomaaz? I'm shocked. SHOCKED! :p

I've tried it (of course!) and I find it pretty cool and am impressed by its speed, but 1) this kind of isolated environment is not what I'm looking for 2) I'm a huge C64 fan!  ;)

Aurel

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 09:07:20 PM »
tomek
i really dont know and i dont care about update   
because of several reasons ..it is a secret or better to say do it your self
if update is something like new install ..soo grub will be destroyed or better to say overwritten by
by windows boot manager..right
so i hope that you smart  enough to disable update if your os- os.es work properly
in dual boot with GRUB
and what you think that you get with update ..security
that is ordinary crap

Tomaaz

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 09:49:33 PM »
so i hope that you smart  enough to disable update if your os- os.es work properly
in dual boot with GRUB

I wouldn't call it "smart". I would call it "risky" or ... "stupid". I have already found a better solution. I'm gonna buy a new Win 10 laptop tomorrow and make Linux to wipe Windows from the old one (revenge!  ;D ). These things are so cheap nowadays that it's a no-brainer.

and what you think that you get with update ..security
that is ordinary crap

Thanx for sharing your opinion, hacker/user/expert, but sorry - I'm not going to take it seriously. :)

Aurel

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 10:04:14 PM »
I'm gonna buy a new Win 10 laptop tomorrow and make Linux to wipe Windows from the old one
ha ha ha,,,
ok  but better buy 10 laptops that you be sure  ;D

Tomaaz

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2016, 10:07:42 PM »
ok  but better buy 10 laptops that you be sure  ;D

Thanx for sharing your opinion, hacker/user/expert, but sorry - I'm not going to take it seriously. ;D Two laptops for two operating systems should be enough. :D

ScriptBasic

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2016, 04:43:56 AM »
Is it that time when Aurel calls Tomaaz a hopeless drunk hooked on Vodka?  :)