Author Topic: Just an idea ...  (Read 2455 times)

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
Just an idea ...
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:48:43 PM »
Hi, this is just an idea by me. The poll question asks you if you would pay for a book by me about game development for beginners with EGSL. I have in mind to publish it on lulu.com where I have some experience (e.g. I published this book [in German]: http://www.lulu.com/shop/otto-wernet/waldkircher-orgelbauer/paperback/product-6273822.html)
So I ask myself if anyone of you or the rest of the world would pay for a book about game development with EGSL? Of course a complete documentation would be a part of that book.  ;)

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
Re: Just an idea ...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 09:00:06 AM »
Of course you are welcome to comment your vote ...  ::)

Tomaaz

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 12:17:57 PM »
I didn't vote, but I will try to explain. I would pay for the book if:

1. It would cover EGSL in 100%.
2. It would cover Lua for EGSL users.
3. You would decide to focus on EGSL and take it more seriously (I mean no text like "Calm down, I have life after EGSL and almost no time for coding" etc).

EDIT: Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to tell you what you should do. I'm just saying what I'd expect if I paid for the book.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:41:31 PM by Tomaaz »

Aurel

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 01:45:53 PM »
Hmmm...still without comment

mruh

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 03:20:21 AM »
Hm, if I wrote the book it was more like "2d game programming for beginners (using EGSL)". So the main part would be theory about game programming not about Lua. So I would teach only Lua functions which one needs for game programming and functions which are not part of EGSL. (So no io.write etc., sorry ...)

Hi, I see.

Good book can promote a software.