Author Topic: Mark Overmars' GameMaker is very popular!  (Read 4366 times)

mruh

Mark Overmars' GameMaker is very popular!
« on: June 11, 2013, 07:50:46 AM »
You really cannot believe! There are a lot of books for this software.
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=539399

The user base of this software must be very big. Much bigger than other game programming languages. For example, BlitzMax, DarkBasic, etc. Moreover, GameMaker must be a very good software. 
 8)

Tomaaz

Re: Mark Overmars' GameMaker is very popular!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 10:35:06 AM »
And? Sorry, but I don't get your point. You've been posting here and on bp.org forum for almost three years, but we haven't seen a single line of code or a working example created by you. ???

Cosmo

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »
Hi,

He is a lurker, that is not  punishable. He gather only information for his own needed.

Tomaaz

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 11:20:53 AM »
He is a lurker...

Not really. He's frequently posting topics like this one (it looks a bit like spam), opinions about forum themes etc.

mruh, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against you, but if you're really interested in making games, start coding. That is much more fun than visiting all possible sites and testing all possible languages. ;)

Cosmo

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 11:37:23 AM »
Yes, if you see it so,  it could be possible.

mruh

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 12:15:33 PM »
And? Sorry, but I don't get your point. You've been posting here and on bp.org forum for almost three years, but we haven't seen a single line of code or a working example created by you. ???

Thanks. I am only interested in reading and discussing in these two nice forums. 
 :D

Tomaaz

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 12:35:44 PM »
Thanks. I am only interested in reading and discussing in these two nice forums. 

Well, there is not much to read and discuss if you're not interested in coding... OK, forget it. :)

Rick3137

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 09:51:40 PM »
 I used Game Maker several years ago. It worked fairly well. The only thing I have against it is that they were always wanting money for it. That might be OK if I could just go to the store and pick up a copy. The trouble is that I do not trust Internet, and I rarely buy anything that way. Also, I use so many different languages to be paying for all of them. I used to buy programs at computer stores and quit doing so. They were rarely worth the money I paid for them and when Windows XP came out most of my programs became obsolete overnight. Guess who I blame for that one. Most of the dorks who run our computer industry don't have enough sense to come out the rain. Then theres that website hobby I've been doing. Just when I thought that things were getting bright, someone's pet crawler bot decided that my websites were not good enough for their Internet. As far as I'm concerned, that bunch of morons is history. Someone needs to take them to court.

AND THATS THE REST OF THE STORY....

ScriptBasic

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 11:00:00 PM »
The trouble is that I do not trust Internet, and I rarely buy anything that way.

Rick,

Pick yourself up a prepaid Visa gift card and load it with an amount that will cover your internet purchases for for a short time. It's a firewall between you (and all your personal info) and vendors you buy from on the internet. There are too many good deals and money you could be saving if you limit yourself to brick and mortar.