Author Topic: Free marmalade license  (Read 2704 times)

Mopz

Free marmalade license
« on: March 19, 2014, 02:59:04 PM »
Just got this news letter:

https://www.madewithmarmalade.com/free

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
Re: Free marmalade license
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 03:39:03 PM »
Oh, thanks I will probably try it. It is possible to use Marmalade with Lua as far as I can see?

JSM

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 05:11:16 PM »
I got the news letter, followed the link and got my current license extended for one more year!

So, if there are any NaaLaa coders left on this forum, FOLLOW THE LINK AND GET A FREE LICENSE!

Deploying a naalaa game to Android will NOT require you to write any C++ code at all. I hope we can use the one apk-package approach discussed in the naalaa thread. Because if the main thing is that you possess a marmalade license you might as well skip downloading both marmalade and visual studio and just use the package tool (that i will write and release asap).

Cybermonkey: There is something called Marmalade Quick, and I think it uses Lua.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 05:12:48 PM by JSM »

kevin

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »
Many thanks for the link - got my activation code.....

For any first time registrations on Marmalade, it's not immediately obvious that you just need to complete the first page of registration - logging an email address and password - the site will let you carry on past that and take credit card details and try to bill you for the cost ($178 in UK inc. tax) - but it's not necessary to complete that part - just visit the blog to get the promo code - I have never been good at reading instructions!!!

@JSM - thanks for your work on this, it seems to be moving forward at a fast pace and I look forward to seeing how NaaLaa develops from here.......

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 07:38:42 PM »
Oh, I just found out that Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light was made with Marmalade.  :o