Author Topic: EGSL documentation  (Read 5155 times)

Luposian

EGSL documentation
« on: March 02, 2015, 06:19:00 AM »
In my interest of learning how to program in EGSL, I wish to learn as much as possible about the commands and functions of EGSL.  One way is to read the EGSL Documentation page.  However, it is not complete.  I would like to help in this regard.  Since it seems I am unable to edit the EGSL Documentation page directly (Wiki on a Stick says I can't), I have downloaded WoaS to my laptop and will attempt to download the pages to my laptop and edit/add to them there.

There are many commands that have no explanations.  I will gladly add them to the EGSL Documentation, if someone will provide them.  I think the full list of commands/functions should be explained.

The pages that need command/function descriptions:

Animations
Collision Detection
Particles
Keyboard
Mouse
Joystick
Sound and Music
Text Input and Output
File Management
Helper Functions

Tomaaz

Re: EGSL documentation
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 03:24:10 PM »
This is a very good idea! However... The only person who can provide you with required information is the author of EGSL (Cybermonkey), but he's decided to stop EGSL development and move to Pulsar.

Luposian

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 04:37:08 PM »
Many (if not all) of EGSL's commands/functions are in Pulsar2D.  If he's commented on Pulsar's commands/functions, then those comments can be put in for EGSL.  Surely he's commenting the full set of Pulsar's commands/functions, no?

lelldorin

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 08:14:43 PM »
Hello Luposian

if you get any new informations about the docs or you have something of interest for my egsl ide for Haiku, let me know.