Author Topic: Documentation  (Read 4328 times)

Tomaaz

Documentation
« on: December 12, 2015, 12:46:55 PM »
Is it coming, is it not? Is it a secret?

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
Re: Documentation
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 04:29:17 PM »
It's coming soon. An upgrade to Windows 10 destroyed my Linux partition and all documentation work ...  >:(

Rick3137

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 01:07:45 AM »
 That's nice to know. Linux and Windows should not be mixed.  ::)

Aurel

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 07:29:40 AM »
Windows 10 destroyed my Linux partition
oups sorry Cyb...but i will blow   ;D ;D ;D

sorry for doc lost BUT how you forget that windows as usul destroy oter systems
best opion is to have separate HD for linux partition.

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 09:15:59 AM »
What I read on other forums says that with upgrading Windows 10 and Linux there are no problems. Except (this I read later  ::)) if Linux is installed into a logical partition ...

Tomaaz

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 04:11:44 PM »
best opion is to have separate HD for linux partition.

I know even better one. Separate computer for Linux, but there is one problem with it - it is not exactly the same what dual boot machine is.

sorry for doc lost BUT how you forget that windows as usul destroy oter systems

We are talking about upgrade, not about fresh installation from installation disk/pendrive. I wouldn't expect upgrade to even look at other partitions. What for? You run upgrade within your existing installation and you expect it to limit itself to this installation. What next? Ordinary windows update removing from the HD everything that is not Windows?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:15:40 PM by Tomaaz »

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 09:25:24 AM »
That's why I not booted into Windows for a long time, just to prevent to install the 1511 update ... I already updated my laptop which is Windows only and learned that the 1511 update installs like a complete new install.

Tomaaz

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 04:57:55 PM »
I already updated my laptop which is Windows only and learned that the 1511 update installs like a complete new install.

Good to know. At the moment I'm using Linux either from USB (Fedora) or in a virtual machine (Sparky). I've been thinking of adding Linux to my laptop's HD, but I've experienced strange problems while booting live distros and gave up (sometime they boot, sometime they don't, the installers can't see Windows etc.). Now, it looks like I'm lucky, cause my Linux installation would be already wiped out anyway. I don't get it. Microsoft has announced that it's is Linux friendly now, but in practice things have gone worse.