Author Topic: SpecBAS - where next?  (Read 10254 times)

ZXDunny

Re: SpecBAS - where next?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2016, 08:07:56 AM »
Paul,

Can SpecBAS be use in a shell script supporting STD IN/OUT/ERR ?

Um, no?

Is SpecBAS more like a VM style BASIC?

SpecBAS is a sandboxed BASIC and can't "see" the system drive anywhere outside the user's home folder/directory.

What's a "VM-Style" BASIC?

ScriptBasic

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 07:46:19 PM »

Do a Google search for Java and it will help you understand the concept.

ZXDunny

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 08:06:56 PM »

Do a Google search for Java and it will help you understand the concept.

You mean by VM Style, is it sandboxed? Are you really asking that, given previous answers?

Richly

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 10:38:40 AM »
Hi D

I realize you must be really busy with your music programming job  - where are you with Spebas development and where can I get the latest version?  :)

Cheers

Richey

ZXDunny

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 06:56:20 PM »
I realize you must be really busy with your music programming job  - where are you with Spebas development and where can I get the latest version?  :)

Hey Richey :)

I've been busy with it but not so as you'd notice. I'm adding a full suite of UI controls such as Memos, Edit fields, buttons, sliders, scrollbars, comboboxes etc to SpecBAS. Ostensibly this is so that I can add BASin-style tools to it, but there will also be an extension that allows their use by the user too.

32bit graphics is still unfinished, but the new editor is pretty much done now and working very well.

As for the latest version, try this one:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6gXsz43xir_eV9JbWhUZ1Rxc0k

There's two in there - SpecBAS_GDI runs with no graphics hardware, SpecBAS.exe runs with OpenGL enabled. Both are 64bit. If the OpenGL version doesn't work, try the GDI.

Also, SCREEN FULL as a direct command scales the window to your full desktop size, and looks awesome in OpenGL. GDI looks a bit aliased, but there's no helping  that.

Richly

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 05:51:54 AM »
Excellent  :) thanks D

Something to explore over the Bank Holiday weekend

Best wishes

Richey