Author Topic: raylib-pascal  (Read 2586 times)

JarmarGames

raylib-pascal
« on: February 11, 2017, 04:52:54 PM »
OVERVIEW
raylib-pascalâ„¢ is a modern, modular, object oriented programming language based on Object Pascal, a light-weight IDE and powered by raylib, a simple and easy-to-use library to learn videogames programming.

LANGUAGE FEATURES
- raylib-pascal language is modern, modular, object oriented and based on the Object Pascal programming language.
- Namespaces, nested classes, inheritance
- Static(shared) members, indexed properties, default parameters.
- Overloaded routines, operator overloading, delegates, exception handling, regular expressions.
- Conditional compilation.
- Direct calling dll-defined routines.
- All calling conventions register, pascal, cdecl, stdcall, safecall are supported.
- Standard win32 EXE generation.
- Standard win32 DLL generation.

Hello all, I've been away for a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. This is a project I've been working on on/off the past months. I finally was able to get it a working and to a stable enough point. It's a small development system I'm making for my own personal use at the moment so it will be limited to win32 for now. Not sure if I will ever take it past this platform. I've been coding and adding so many features it would be nice now to get a little feedback, mainly to see if it works on other configurations. I recently discovered raylib, which is a very nice, simple game programming library. It's made in standard C99 so I quickly made Delphi bindings. I played around with it for a few days and thought you this would be great if I hook this into my compiler project that I finally got past a critical point that had the project shelved for a few months. This is what I have so far.

I wanted something simple and elegant like raylib that will allow me to easily make MODs for my projects. With raylib-pascal you can make standard win32 DLLs and the compiler/editor can easily be invoked from the command-line with no other dependencies. So MODding can be much easier and simpler process. Anyway, I'm working on a distro that can be tested of which I will post a link soon if anyone is interested in just testing it and letting me know how it runs. The list above are features already implemented and/or will be at a future date.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:45:51 AM by Jarmar Games »

ZXDunny

Re: raylib-pascal
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 11:53:49 PM »
This is quite nice, especially when you realised that it's not just a Pascal-like language, but a full (almost Delphi compatible!) Pascal compiler! Incredible!

You should really consider MacOS and x64 support, as the PAX compiler component supports both architectures, and it wouldn't be much of a headache to do.

I feel that a hint would be in order: Learn to strip local symbols from your executables and DLLs. I can practically see your Delphi source code in there, and all your Delphi form .dfm files are stored in plain text inside. That doesn't look too good, you know? And it would save a literal ton of disk space.

JarmarGames

Re: raylib-pascal
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 01:57:57 AM »
@ZXDunny
Thanks. Ahh crap, thanks I forgot to remove symbols. Thanks for the heads-up. Also check your PM.

Thanks again.