Author Topic: JB Rubic's Cube with Solver  (Read 4735 times)

ZXDunny

Re: JB Rubic's Cube with Solver
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 11:46:21 PM »
Yeah, I kinda assumed that it wasn't to be taken literally; having spent an instructive hour or so on wikipedia, it seems that things like angels are after all just mythological creatures, and even if they were actual things it'd be hard to imagine that everyone who's well-liked gets to be one :)

But it is always a shame when someone dies. Most of the time they're missed by somebody, regardless of what their character was like when alive. My condolences.

ScriptBasic

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 05:43:34 AM »
I'm not a believer in god / angel's or that clouds store more than water. The plea was a symbolic jestuure.

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 07:22:58 AM »
Ah, I assume he must have been a christian then? I don't know much about that religion, so apologies for my ignorance. There was an old church in the village I grew up in, but nobody went in there...

Oh, I must confess that's one of the most unexpected revelations I've ever heard in my entire life. The villagers, did they still believe in Thor and Odin or was the village someplace on the other side of the globe?

Don't take this as a personal lunge. I'm just curious.

ZXDunny

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 11:09:23 AM »
Ah, I assume he must have been a christian then? I don't know much about that religion, so apologies for my ignorance. There was an old church in the village I grew up in, but nobody went in there...

Oh, I must confess that's one of the most unexpected revelations I've ever heard in my entire life. The villagers, did they still believe in Thor and Odin or was the village someplace on the other side of the globe?

:D

No, it's just that religion tends to be centred more in the towns and cities while the rural areas lose interest as the older generations die off with no believers left to replace them. The churches tend to only get unlocked for weddings and funerals now, regular sunday service is a thing of the past. When I was young (1970s) there were people going occasionally, but that tailed off as I got older and eventually the church was abandoned.

I suppose that unless there's money to maintain things, people don't really need a religion now - at least, not around where I grew up :)

Rick3137

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 02:22:57 PM »
 May you all be promoted to Angel.

( Literally )

B+

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 02:52:37 PM »

I confess the same reaction, certainly unexpected from a man named Paul.

May you all be promoted to Angel.

( Literally )

This is how a Christian might curse you, by offering such a lovely sentiment, but God knows I don't want to be promoted to Angel too soon literally! ;D

Hi Rick,

I am glad you are still around for your offerings.

I just noticed the WWJD, looked it up, oh say! there's a movie now and bracelets what would Jesus do about all this commercial enterprise stuff? I mean we know what he did in the temple to get arrested...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:12:42 PM by B+ »

Rick3137

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 03:43:49 PM »
  Hello Mark ;

I think if Jesus was here today, doing his Temple thing, he would first start with most TV preachers, and then go from there to lying congressmen who claim to be his. The swamp in Washington would be next.

ZXDunny

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 06:03:58 PM »
I confess the same reaction, certainly unexpected from a man named Paul.

Hehe :)

I have a friend called Arthur and I'm fairly certain his parents weren't thinking of Pre-Roman warrior kings :)

Richly

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 09:44:18 PM »
But understand this: In the last days terrible times will come. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, without love of good, traitorous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. Turn away from such as these!

2 Timothy 3

I percieve the world is becoming more and more like this...maybe just my perception.

If only we followed or try to follow what Jesus taught, even if you are not religious, then the world would be a better place.

Anyway, back on topic...

« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:49:28 PM by Richey »

ZXDunny

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2018, 11:36:41 PM »
Indeed, Richey. I only recently learned that Jesus died on the cross so we could wear mixed fabrics again.

And actually I'm not joking.

ScriptBasic

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 12:29:37 AM »
I have found that it's best not to discuss politics, religion or spousal relationships on a programming forum. It divides folks that once had a common interest.

B+

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 01:07:42 AM »
"Anyway, back on topic..."

Ha! But S'OK! I've done my bragging about getting Rubic's model working, so go ahead and try and remove wings from Angles...
  ;)

Indeed, Richey. I only recently learned that Jesus died on the cross so we could wear mixed fabrics again.

What? ! ? !  This is getting crazy interesting!

I have found that it's best not to discuss politics, religion or spousal relationships on a programming forum. It divides folks that once had a common interest.

Probably very sensible... but that's no fun.

Richly

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2018, 05:07:54 AM »

Indeed, although we do have the offtopic board for some of that  :)

ZXDunny

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2018, 10:40:24 AM »

What? ! ? !  This is getting crazy interesting!

Indeed. Look up the "new covenant" from the new testament. It basically replaces all of the old laws proscribed in Leviticus so we can wear things that mix fabrics, plant crops how we like, don't have to sacrifice animals or children and gay folks don't have to be stoned to death anymore. And it's all thanks to jewish chap from the 1st century.

So when someone says (as many have) that being gay is against the teachings of the bible, they're wrong as Jesus never really said anything about it and he's pretty much the last word on what's OK and what's not, as long as you believe in the new testament, of course.

But yes, way off topic now.

B+

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2018, 01:37:05 PM »
Ha, I just noticed my spelling of Angel. I suppose angles might have 2 wings too. ;)

Hi D,

Jesus died on the cross so we could wear mixed fabrics again

A very misleading "headliner", typical of this day and age. I did suspect the explanation to be much like what you have followed up with. I never thought about it before with the use of the term "revolutionary" but Jesus probably was an early model except now days its more focused on political and violent upheaval. The movie, Frida, is still fresh in mind from last night, so in those days and places in the world if not these days. Nope, I think he was about something more important than political power and most certainly about something more than the freedom to wear mixed fabrics.

I think it very good to wonder what that might be, but don't try to pin it down to anything so specific.

Nothing was written down about Jesus (until very long after the crucification, generations had passed), or if there was, it was lost with Jewish rebellion and last stand at Masada before the Diaspora or lost in the many fires of the library at Alexandria.
The library may in truth have suffered several fires over many years. In addition to fires, at least one earthquake damaged the city and the library during this time. [1] Possible occasions for the partial or complete destruction of the Library of Alexandria include a fire set by the army of Julius Caesar in 48 BC and an attack by Aurelian in the 270s AD.

After the main library was destroyed, scholars used a "daughter library" in a temple known as the Serapeum of Alexandria, located in another part of the city. According to Socrates of Constantinople, Coptic Pope Theophilus destroyed the Serapeum in AD 391, although it is not certain what it contained or if it contained any significant fraction of the documents that were in the main library.

Did you know that over one-half the New Testament are Paul's letters? A guy who started out chasing down Christians to arrest or answer to Jewish authorities, probably never knew Jesus before the crucifiction. Here is a guy who I think started to seriously wonder what Jesus was about. It is probably thanks to this guy (and his imaginings) that we are talking on this subject today!

So to my thinking Jesus is a sort of Rorschach test becoming that which you believe he should be like.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test

Is it not our imagination that makes us most like gods? angels or demons. It certainly contributes to our personal heavens or hells.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:27:27 PM by B+ »