Author Topic: BLITZ. is dead... and now ???  (Read 2365 times)

drfloyd

BLITZ. is dead... and now ???
« on: June 02, 2019, 02:30:46 PM »
Hello fans of basic ! I need your expertise ! I am french and mt enflish is not very good, sorry about that

I was i big fan of BLITZ, BLITZ 2D & BLITZ 3D... but was disapointed by the followings : Blitz Max... and now APP GAME KIT... which is NOT basic for me ! Stupid commands... not easy at all.....

As BLITZ3D is very old... (it need DirectPlay.dll... there is no virtual resolution... FLIP function is strange....etc...) I want to change for a new basic, near to the philosophy of BLITZ : easy commands + near from real basic

What is your advice ? I am not fan of Freebasic (heavy)... not fan at all of Lua (not basic)... i have also tried NAALAA, RCBasic, SDLBasic....

On an other topic Cybermonkey advice me with a combo Freebasic + Pulsar 2D. I will try !!!!

Other good solutions ?

(I know that AMOS 2 will come this summer)

Thank you !!!

drfloyd

Re: BLITZ. is dead... and now ???
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 09:55:59 PM »
Oxygen Basic ? Not yet tried, i will

Cybermonkey

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 07:20:04 PM »
Just a suggestion: QB64. I know it's rather "heavy", but a complete environment including editor. It's compatible to QBASIC and there are tons of tutorials out there for that. And it has an integrated help system - like in the good old days. So I wouldn't dismiss it completely...

B+

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 08:22:43 PM »
Just a suggestion: QB64. I know it's rather "heavy", but a complete environment including editor. It's compatible to QBASIC and there are tons of tutorials out there for that. And it has an integrated help system - like in the good old days. So I wouldn't dismiss it completely...

I like it, it's SmallBASIC's big brother (that can compile code). But I have QB4.5 background experience (and VB for MS DOS), I don't know how someone with Spectrum experience would like it? (It does use a C++ middleman but you could hardly tell with an IDE that checks syntax; the Help system is great and forum active.)

drfloyd

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 02:01:33 PM »
I am not fan of Freebasic (heavy)

hehe heavy
that's the good one  :D
well what you then will say about Oxygen Basic ::)
i use it all the time..

i somehow understand you but there is no easy answer.

Hi Aurel

I have tried to doawload OXYGEN... in github.... there are lot and lot of ZIP... complicate.... I finally choose the folder OXYGENBASICPROGRESS... It start ! Ok :)

I see good fonctions as setdsplay, drawimage, drawtext, flip... seems cool !!! Like BLITZ ! (librairie SDL ???)
But where is the doc for these cool SDL features ????

- The IDE seems very poor

Perhaps you have advices to give me ??????
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 02:36:57 PM by drfloyd »

Ed Davis

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 02:41:30 PM »

I strongly agree with Cybermonkey regarding QB64.  It has been getting better and better, and v1.3 (the latest release) is really, really nice.  The documentation is extensive, the forum is extremely helpful, and Fellippe (one of the Dev's) is pretty amazing, as are other folks like Bplus.

Highly recommended!

drfloyd

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 06:47:33 PM »
it is OK ! I have posted on your forum !

Aurel

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 07:54:56 PM »
Just link for alternative NAALAA editor
https://aurelsoft.ucoz.com/AurelEdit_NAALAA.zip

drfloyd

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 08:04:59 AM »
Aurel, could you please give me the link to your new forum Basic A, I lost the link.