Author Topic: What BASIC do you mainly use?  (Read 20750 times)

Galileo

Re: What BASIC do you mainly use?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 05:01:12 PM »
Thanks for the forums link, Richey. I am Spanish speakers, and English is not'm good (use the google translator). So I not know him, because only visited forums in Spanish.

Richly

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 05:10:07 PM »
Thanks for the forums link, Richey. I am Spanish speakers, and English is not'm good (use the google translator). So I not know him, because only visited forums in Spanish.

There are quite a few Spanish users at the forums, so you will be in good company and no-one will mind if your English is not good  :)

I think forum members from all nationalities will be interested in seeing your programs.

Richly

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 05:44:42 PM »
Problem is in who use what ..but in how many people even use any of basic
I can say that amount of real users is very very small.

This is probably another thread; another popular thread...the "Is BASIC dead or dying?" thread that we occasionally discussed on and off at BP.org

I don't think it is dead yet if we add up all BASIC users together; although the number of users of each dialect considered on their own (and collectively) may be small compared to languages like C or Java.

Being an optimist and a believer that common sense will eventually prevail, I think it is only a matter of time before users realise that BASIC or other languages without lots of {} ; // makes sense in some circumstances.

Back on topic...  ;)

n00b

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 07:06:58 PM »
I don't want to sound like I am bragging but I am at the moment using RCBasic for a few reasons. I obviously have to test it to find and fix bugs but I also am using it to make a 2d action platform game right now.

Tomaaz

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2016, 10:56:59 AM »
No BaCon!? No FreeBASIC!!!???

B+

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2016, 04:59:25 PM »
No representatives or delegates from unmentioned BASICs !!! ???

To join this forum just to raise hell for not being included in poll !!! ???

Tomaaz

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2016, 05:38:35 PM »
Which web browser do you use?

- Chrome
- Edge
- K-Meleon
- other

ZXDunny

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2016, 07:04:43 PM »
I hope SpecBas is fully backwards in the future.

SpecBAS is pretty much compatible with Sinclair BASIC with some minor exceptions.

It'll never be fully backwards compatible - larger screen means that certain portions such as embedded colour/AT/TAB commands using CHR$ in PRINT will never work (a byte isn't large enough to store x or y coords), there's no attribute map due to there being more colours so ATTR won't work either. PEEK and POKE have to be different as you can't just go prodding random memory on a PC... Then the streams are handled differently - much more powerful - and there's no BORDER as we're not running on a CRT anymore...

But what is there is 100% compatible. And better in many respects.

D.

Richly

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 04:59:19 AM »
No BaCon!? No FreeBASIC!!!???

Yes, I pointed out this omission earlier on in the thread  ;)

Play nice now...this is just a bit of fun  :)

wang renxin

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2016, 08:19:45 AM »
Hey, did you ever think of separating a VB.NET option from VB?

Aurel

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2016, 11:05:52 AM »
who use VB  ;D or who use VB.NET the question is now?
anyone use Force Basic ?  ;D

ZXDunny

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2016, 12:48:35 PM »
To me, the driving force behind .NET is simply this:

"Computer hardware is getting faster and faster. How can we drag things back to the 80s in terms of speed?"

ScriptBasic

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2016, 04:36:14 PM »
To me, Windows is like an onion. Layer upon layer with a the goal of a different smell.

SteveOW

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2016, 02:01:37 PM »
I responded to the survey as a VB user.  VB6 that is. I use it because I have a lot of legacy graphical stuff written with it that just isnt worth migrating.  I hardly ever use Basic these days having gone over to javascript and THREE.js for 3D animated graphics.  I would have preferred to stay with VB6 if it would have evolved in a nice way.  I looked at VB.NET some years ago but the learning curve looked too steep back then.

Mopz

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 10:37:33 AM »
At present, I'm using AMOS Pro and Blitz BASIC on the Amiga for research purposes :)

Hehe, those were the languages I grew up with, made many games with 'em.