Author Topic: mini Linux distros  (Read 16306 times)

Aurel

Re: mini Linux distros
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2019, 09:58:04 AM »
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 05:59:46 PM by Aurel »

Tomaaz

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2019, 05:35:42 PM »
I am wondering why there is no more such a smaller and fine NEWER distros and not
big mastodonts over 2GB ....this iso is under 500MB
so we can boot it from USB 1GB without problem

Maybe because 8+GB pendrives are today's standard? The smallest one I have is 4GB and it's probably 10 years old. Could you attache a photo of that pendrive? I haven't seen one for ages. If you're still using an analogue camera and need to buy and develop film then don't bother. ;D Also, there are newer distros that run from 1GB pendrive - all Pupys, Slax, Porteus, Antix, Sparky, Bodhi...

back to Windows ...................................... :D

Which is... 3-4 GB (ISO file).  ;D

Aurel

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2019, 08:32:41 PM »

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 06:00:03 PM by Aurel »

Tomaaz

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2019, 09:54:27 PM »
What you moron-way you know...win7 is on standard CD 700MB

It is also ten years old. Weren't we talking about "newer" operating systems? What next? Are you gonna compare "newer" Linux distros to Win 95?

1GB usb is good  even is really old and i don't want use 16GB which i use for other purposes
not for playing with toy-operating systems... ;D

Wow! You have two USB sticks. And the bigger one is (I can't believe it!)... 16 GB. OMG!  ;D

Aurel

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2019, 02:38:19 PM »
.so what is the point of your babeling?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 05:18:42 PM by Aurel »

Tomaaz

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2019, 02:55:12 PM »
No i have 32gb too ...so what is the point of your babeling?

You've got three of them!? ;D

On the other side win95 is better than any of this ancient unixoids...

They are equally useless today and we both know it. ;)

sorry ..that is a TRUE STORY and not your lame shiting of updated hardware or usual moaning
or crapping only about things you "think" that work.

Excuse me, but the only one moaning and shiting on something (Linux) is you. I didn't have any problems with making Linux run on my computer. You did. It wasn't me who started this topic. You did. Was it a genuine attempt to try installing Linux or another example of your trolling, doesn't really matter, because it always ends the same way.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 03:02:08 PM by Tomaaz »

Aurel

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2019, 04:42:49 PM »
doesn't really matter, because it always ends the same way.

really ...
and what are your topics ..than ordinary trash from
selfpromoted "expert" .
Your every topic is so "smart" that you may clean your ass with such a unique aproach.
And if this topic is irrelevant for you ...why you reply?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 04:44:34 PM by Aurel »

Aurel

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2019, 04:50:41 PM »
Main goal of this topic is to help any windows user what can expect if he/she decide to try
freakin linux/unixoid operating system.
Ordinary lie and ugly and unfriendly -in any way- is statement that Linux is OS which is easy to use
and that work lke a charm and that work on any computer without problem..
For the sake ...same distro boot from qemu but refuse to boot from usb...and that is nothing?
that is just tiny example what ordinary user may expect from Linux.
  ::)

Tomaaz

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2019, 05:32:36 PM »
For the sake ...same distro boot from qemu but refuse to boot from usb...and that is nothing?

No, that isn't nothing. That is something... related to UEFI/Legacy mode, distros being old or to different ways of preparing USB keys. And no - a sane ordinary user will not have this problem, because he/she will go for a popular mainstream distro, instead of digging for something obscure and/or abandoned at least 5 years ago (like you do). You may tell me to "clean my ass" or "stick my dick in energy drink", you may call me "a moron", but it won't change the fact that I have no problems with preparing my computer and running Linux on it and you do. It just shows your frustration caused by unability to solve a problem. Nothing more.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 05:37:22 PM by Tomaaz »

Aurel

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2019, 05:48:45 PM »
-I have no problems with preparing my computer and running Linux on it and you do.

THIS is just a ordinary LIE and proof that you promote linux even 50% of distros not work
or not work properly.

-It just shows your frustration caused by unability to solve a problem. Nothing more.

What kind of problem?
I don't have problem , if  something not work or not work properly
then people must know about that !
and not to spreading lies how everything is  "shiny & beautiful " if you use mainstrem distros. ::)
I really cannot believe how someone like you (who have such a high opinion about yourself)
is such a naive person.....ha ha..ha...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 06:01:31 PM by Aurel »

Tomaaz

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2019, 06:24:46 PM »
THIS is just a ordinary LIE and proof that you promote linux even 50% of distros not work
or not work properly.

What is a lie? Of course that even 90% of distros won't work without problems. All the abandoned ones. Majority of unpopular ones and probably all dedicated to advanced usrers. But remaining 10% (all mainstream ones) will work without (or with easy to solve) problems. That's why I repeatedly advised you to stop wasting your time for the 90% and focus on the 10%. Even if 50% of this 10% work properly then everyone can find something for them, right? Are you saying that, because one distro doesn't work, people shouldn't use the other one that works fine? WTF?

Tomaaz

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2019, 06:54:48 PM »
You still don't get it. Majority of Linux distros are, for different reasons, garbage. But if we have five good ones then why would anyone care about those hundreads abandoned and/or crappy ones? To be honest you're the only person I know who does. Everyone else just use what's good and don't give a shit about the rest of them. Do you have some strange "abandoned/obscure Linux distros" OCD?

Tomaaz

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2019, 09:51:28 PM »
Mint Xfce seems to be a very nice distro. Lightweight, looks and works great.

Tomaaz

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2019, 04:20:18 PM »
The problem I always have with Mint is that it works fine just after installation, but after some time it visibly slows down. Bunsenlabs rules.

Aurel

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2019, 09:30:27 PM »
well bunsenLabs is not bad
i found Bugtraq-Optimus
you should try this one tomaaz

http://bugtraq-team.com/project-optimus.html
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:53:19 PM by Aurel »