Author Topic: mini Linux distros  (Read 16121 times)

Aurel

Re: mini Linux distros
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2019, 10:03:28 PM »
IDE abandonned five years ago

...and stupid Geany editor is brand new crap  ;D

I see that "expert" topic on that "expert" forum
such a expertize ...  :P

hey mrJ need windozer progie for sB
are you ready "expert"  ;D

Tomaaz

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2019, 10:34:51 PM »
hey mrJ need windozer progie for sB
are you ready "expert"  ;D

I was born ready! Thanx for the offer, but no.  ;D

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2019, 10:54:05 PM »
... I decided to do a fresh Windows 7 install on my laptop. Never again! Nothing worked out of the box.

That's because MS Windows has been designed by pros for pros to run on branded pro-grade HW and not on kitchen utensils and RP economy kits. ;D

Ever seen a "Designed for Windows 7" or "Windows 7 Ready" holo sticker glued onto the HW box? Road signs are meant to be followed.

Tomaaz

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2019, 11:55:20 PM »
Yes, I've seen it. On that very laptop. It came with Win 7 pre-installed. Then it was dual-boot, then, for a long time, Linux only, then I decided to put Win 7 back on it, then my son had it and then, sadly, it passed away. :( So, are you saying that in a laptop without a sticker the installation would take several days and the screen resolution out of the box would be 640x480? And no mouse and keyboard? Great! ;D

Take it easy guys. He's just trolling.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:01:38 AM by Tomaaz »

Aurel

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2019, 07:33:31 AM »
It came with Win 7 pre-installed

...and all that time you don't know which drivers you need for that laptop?
ohh dude  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Tomaaz

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2019, 08:24:43 AM »
Drivers? What's that? Isn't Windows supposed to run out of the box?  Oh, I forgot. Only Linux should work out of the box perfectly, scan your brain during installation and make your favorites applications ready to work.   ;D ;D ;D

It's amazing how you lower your expectations when we're talking about Windows and make them very high in case of Linux.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 08:49:15 AM by Tomaaz »

Aurel

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2019, 10:44:12 AM »
In fact
It's amazing
how you as so called computer user don't know what you have on your computer.  ;D ;D ;D
You don't know which version of Win7 u use on that laptop.  ;D ;D ;D
Probably you don't know how to use Device Manager to reinstall drivers  ;D ;D ;D
 ;D ;D ;D

That explain a lot about you  ;D ;D ;D

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2019, 10:51:37 AM »
... you ... make them very high in case of Linux.

No, we don't. Conversely, we lower our expectations in case of Linux because in most cases, a Linux distro is a bundle of ill fitting amateurish bits and pieces thrown together as a home exercise for the coming lab at a high school computer science class. ;D

Aurel

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2019, 11:09:32 AM »
yes i agree with Mike  :D

tomek please you need to do this to fix your laptop...
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tomaaz

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2019, 11:14:27 AM »
No, we don't.

I wasn't talking to you. You've admitted you're just trolling so, there is no point.  :) And Aurel may continue. He will soon say that I also didn't know the model of my laptop or even the name of its manufacturer, while all I said was that nothing worked out of the box and making it work (which of course, was possible) took a lot of time, effort and another computer to help. But with Aurel's creativity and imagination, everything's possible.  ;D

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2019, 11:25:11 AM »
Since when have you become a mod of the two sites? Can you show me proof I intended to troll you rather than John on AllBasic dot info?

Tomaaz

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2019, 11:59:45 AM »
No, I can't. Can you show me the proof you didn't intend to troll me? I don't think so. So the only option left for me is to ignore you. You see - never admit that your plan is to troll, because neither the pople you intend to troll nor the people you don't intend to troll will be taking you seriously. Bye.

Tomaaz

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2019, 01:53:21 PM »
Thanks Tomaaz, I'll go over it during the weekend

If you need help, just ask here. Also, remember that Mint is not the only distro around. If something goes wrong, you can always try one of Ubuntus, Solus and many more.  :D

Aurel

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2019, 01:57:42 PM »
But with Aurel's creativity and imagination, everything's possible

thanks Tomek...thanks  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

troll.....mod...troll...mod  :o

hmm i see this two sites are in paralel universe...yes
 :D

Tomaaz

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2019, 06:40:20 PM »
Anubis. Last release from... 2010 (9 years old!), kernel 2.6 (we're approaching 5), KDE 3.5. What is the chance that it supports modern hardware? That the new versions of popular software will be working under it? Which version of Wine is included? What about security? Aurel, have you lost your mind???

Also, you don't like "debianers", but both Anubis and Zorin are Debian-based. What the hell?

Why Mint? It's the safest bet. And no - it's not another name for Ubuntu. Also, there is a Mint version that is based directly on Debian and has nothing to do with Ubuntu. Ubuntu this or Ubuntu that are simply the same Ubuntu with different desktop environments (Gnome, Lxde/Lxqt, Mate, Budgie etc.). What's wrong with that? Porteus also comes with several desktop environments to choose from. You like KDE, you get KDE version. I like LXDE, I use LXDE version. What's the problem here???